4.0 Update and Tower Balance Changes

Let them do their thing, imo game is fine and i actually feel ok with getting rocked by a harbinger…i mean im like half their size, wtf i care?

I am trying to explore one possible way to accomplish this… Several will have to be executed well to actually succeed.

The biggest problem I see with keeping the status quo on how much each tier costs is new players will be deterred from even playing if they feel they will never reach anything close to end game. Whatever Is after Harbinger I’m sure will have some pretty crazy requirements, as it should. A new player would see that and not even join. Even if they planned to spend. I’m not familiar with this n1 tier thing that I keep seeing thrown around. But in a general sense all but the last tier or two should be able to be had for say the cost of the final tier or something to that effect. This is really just a crude generalization as I have no idea what the true costs are.

As posted above… a good point is, should all future tiers have the associated prices exponentially increased along with it?

They will wait till the gap between spenders and non is without a doubt stretching too far then they will cut requirements…history tends to repeat itself

http://wardragons.pocketgems.com/forum/all-forums/general-discussion/99474-garnet-dragons

Was the same back then is the same now no one could imagine that this game survives the garnet mess yet we’re here 3 tiers later.

I stand to my words. You are in the tier you can afford. Period

@PGCrisis - What about Ice Turrets and Ice Flaks? or the farms? When will we get those fixes?

My whole base strategy for my accounts is super healing maxed out farms combined with flaks to do damage…PG has only fixed half of my problem. The other half of my bases are fire and ice turrets…the fire turrets are ok now, but the ice turrets are useless!

And PG…do you realize what this update has done to the game? It does not matter now that you are finally trying to fix things…the damage is done and people have lost faith in the game. I am seeing so many people quit the game…it was just the last straw for them. We just had another player on our team quit the game today. It is so sad…no one is excited about the game anymore; everyone just talks about the problems with it. I am planning on discontinuing several of my accounts after this season…I no longer want to have such a high financial commitment to a game where I cannot trust the developers coding it. When someone who spends as much time and money on this game as I do is talking about scaling back and possibly quitting…you guys have a real problem you need to fix. You have to do something to win the faith of the players again. And you need beta testers going forward so issues like the ones caused by this update never happen again.

Why are ice turrets useless??? Unless u meant ice flaks, then nvm
…If they quit then why not praise them? im so confused :thinking:
images-7

Yes, Ice flaks… but Ice turrets are underpowered compared to fire turrets.

Yeah but much faster rate of attack and shield nearby towers.

Plus i think of it like a puzzle and use fire turret to help the rest.

True…

It is just a shame to see what this update has done to this game. So many people are quitting…it is very sad. And as much as I try to regain my own enthusiam for the game, I just can’t seem to get there.

I see what you’re trying to say here but it’s flawed. Apple wouldn’t reduce the price of their most recent model product, but they do reduce the cost of previous models, with the oldest becoming the most affordable. That’s what some people are asking for. With a percentage reduction in tier cost only the spenders would still be able to catch you, it’s just easier for the grinders to not fall so far behind.

My stance, I think either more backbreeds or egg token mission reworking would keep most people happy for the time being. I do believe too many players see breeding come to such a slowdown, and new tiers being released at a steady pace they find themselves put off and stop playing. Some people need to feel like they’re not too far behind when they play games, even knowing they won’t catch up, but seeing the financial cost puts a lot of people off.

PG will never be able to please all of their players though, as we’ve seen when they reduced research cost. And don’t forget people were complaining tiers were releasing too fast at one point, but when Obsidian’s were getting released there were a small number of players who complained they had nothing to breed and didn’t want to waste their egg tokens.

He means they are selling us recycled shit

Or idk what im talkimg about and just like to feel included.

A lot of players are giving notice and quitting the game. They’re disillusioned by ho PG just comes in and takes all that they’ve worked so hard for! Can’t say as I blame them. PG just showed how little they care and how easily they’ll take it all away. @PGCrisis @PGPulse @PGJared

For the new players. This was the state of 2016!

Lol @SilentOne if i could,

Im still able to use Tengu sometimes if i come across a certain layout in matchmaking. Same with fae. I used Spindra and Nec at gold and plat with hau to take fully maxed bases i think players can find a way…if they were smart enough to take whats necessary to get the job done.

Oh yeah im actually still using NS, got kayla on that mf

Try to understand what echo says here. This was shortly before garnet came out.

Some understand it and enjoy the game others trying to chase the rabbit and get frustrated more and more.

Again. You’re in the tier you can afford.

That it has been a player concern for a while doesn’t reduce the validity of the argument. It just means that enough people are still throwing money at the game that PG doesn’t have to change…

And, as for my poll… Regardless of the answers I get or if I get no one answer which leads to a specific conclusion, I prove an important point either way (just not the same one). If there is no agreement (or even something approaching agreement), I show just how difficult the situation is for PG and probably part of the reason no overhaul that is going to work has been implemented or even hinted at. If there is a majority for one “level” or another, what about a the other people?

I can scale back from any level with the same amount of difficulty. But if I scale back from 200, it won’t work for any value other than those close to 200. Of J scale back from 100, but then any it to 200, everything would have such large numbers as to be stupid… Think National debt of USA stupid. Numbers so big they are meaningless to most people. To scale up without end, the costs will get ever higher and the gains will get ever smaller (per dollar/hour/ruby).

Bail out. And i enjoy the discussion even as a ghost.

That’s the only problem here. Ppl like to have a gimmigimmiGIMMI!!!1!11!1 attitude.

If they would be content in the tier they can afford we wouldn’t have this conversation.

And if you don’t want to spend another 10gs you’ll likely won’t have endgame content either.

What’s wrong with accepting that and having fun where you are at? Tons of players in d1 are far away from end game content but still play and enjoy the game. :man_shrugging:t2:

I play and enjoy the game at my level. I consider that my favorite thing about leveling slowly is enjoying dragons as I get them. I’m not trying to sound like gimme gimme, I’m just thinking in terms of the overall longevity of a game that I really enjoy playing.