4.0 Update and Tower Balance Changes

It is understandable to think that from your point of progression, however, it is not sustainable in the long term. I am giving PG a chance to change things up, I enjoy the people I play the game with so that is enough for now.

You aren’t seeing things from a new players point of view. What if you started today? Sure, you can get through the tiers more quickly than most as a spender, but still the goal posts are being moved further and further away.

It isn’t a matter of spender vs. non-spender…more an issue of old spender vs. new spender. If you want people to invest in the game, they need to feel that doing so will get them somewhere.

@pgEcho @PGPulse @PGEggToken

I think it’s time to give out some more backbreeds and to reduce costs of lv 40-50 towers like you did with lv 30-40 towers after you release lv 65 towers. Thanks.

I agree with all above issues but would still like to thank @PGCrisis and @Arelyna for keeping us posted after the wave of abuse they got but still remained professional ! Thanks again :grin::grin:

I think Echo’s explanation shows a lack of understanding of the game environment. I understand the reply was from a year ago, but it doesn’t sound like the environment has changed much. New tiers of dragons may seem like they don’t make the previous tier of dragons obsolete. Echo’s is correct that the dragons a lower level players has is still equal to other dragons owned by players around their same level.

However, that statement makes an assumption that lower level players are only playing against other players around their same level. The current state of the leagues shows that is not true. If teams were restricted to staying within a 5 - 10 level difference between each other, then I could see how a new tier would not upset the balance. However, no such restriction exists in the system. Instead, you end up with teams comprised of lower levels and higher levels with end game dragons in Gold tier leagues. So yes, introducing a new tier of dragons upsets the already unbalanced game even more.

Now, I’m not saying that leagues or teams should be restricted by level caps. I don’t think that’s going to be a feasible way to balance the game. My point, the game developers seem to think teams and leagues are naturally falling into groups of close levels, which just isn’t true. At least, that’s how I take Echo’s reply.

Wrong. I have a 100% non spender account who only buys elite and is a garnet owner.

This account has literally ZERO issues to raid and smash bases around his level or 100 levels higher.

I created that account back then to start and have more fun for times when I ran into the endgame wall with all dragons at expert level with billions of xp on them.

I know both sides and I play my alt with the same joy as my main.

That’s why I don’t understand how someone has issues at their level.

If he has an answer to this I may ask him for some lottery numbers.

Many people are content in the tier they’re at, many not. Unfortunately some believe Divines are the be all and end all, and only level the lineage dragons to breedable. I’m not sure I would enjoy playing if I done it that way, I would most likely be frustrated with only half a roster. But when low levels first encounter Divines they are powerful dragons, creating the opinion that no lineage dragons are worth levelling much.

I just realised I only have 3 Divines in my roster :confused: (I do have more I just don’t fly them because, well it’s Sage and Abraxxas lol)

I agree with the results this will accomplish, but it is treating a symptom rather than addressing the underlying problem.

Ultimately, it doesn’t matter to me either way. I’ll either pick the level people agree to, pick a level I think is reasonable, go with infinite escalation (just to show Warlord that even as a billionaire, eventually he won’t be able to buy the next tier :rofl:), or not do anything. :man_shrugging:

(I am only teasing, mentioning your name. We do agree that people should play to have fun and not to “win” and that people should play at a level they can afford. This is why you have Harbinger and I’m still working on obsidian… But I think we’re both having fun.)

They are all fine with me. I wanted to look at a different aspect of the scaling, not the relative cost of tiers.

Having an alt along side of your top tier account isn’t the same as starting the game new today. The fact that you have an alt tells me that the vertical progression of the core game is boring.

Again, it should be expanded outward so you have more to do with your main account, rather than just increasing levels and adding new tiers as the primary way of adding new game content. Vertical progression is boring for you and not reasonable for new players.

I see your point. Having super high base level restrictions occurred firstly in obsidian emeralds were super low in comparison. Harbingers now need a lv 357 base to expert and following this route after two more tiers the cap will be 400+ to expert them. Maybe next tier already.

I think PG should stop to implement these harsh restrictions bc new dragons aren’t that expensive when you’re at the end of the relevant tier.

But bases are.

Also… I was asking about tower level. And we’re taking about dragons… Which is fine, but not really where I was trying to go. I’m not a moderator in any sense, but I was trying to look at something different. :chart:

Edit: the Great Tower Nerf happened. It was mostly rolled back, but it was an attempt at something. That something is what I want to explore, what I want to show one possible solution (of several) for.

Dragons are related, obviously, since dragons kill towers… But this has been discussed I’m many other threads.

I wanted people’s opinions so in our show them numbers that might matter to them.bht maybe I asked the wrong question.

How strong should the strongest tower be? The unobtainium super flak at level XXXX… What should its damage be? Or do you think this question cannot be answered?

There is already a theoretical limit. Base level caps at 999. I think you need something like 13 billion experience to reach this level… So, at least in one regard, there is a tower level cap already.

Warlord while it’s true you play both sides you haven’t truly experienced the lesser side as you’ve already accomplished end game several times apparently. The game is totally different for those who have never gotten there and never will. It’s the same reason you created your alt account. To give you something to do while you’re at the end game wall. For some the sapphire/garnet wall can feel like the end game wall.

In reality the wall doesn’t seem to be too bad, but then again I’m a light to medium spender. I typically buy a pack every season, maybe two if I’m feeling froggy. This season I want neptus, so I’ve planned accordingly. So I truly don’t know how non spenders really feel. I do know if I had an alt account it would be fun and I wouldn’t spend but it still wouldn’t be the same as I would still have this account to have fun on with stronger drags and such. As for lineage dragons, I should have apophet during the March breeding event. I could have Jul as early as late summer but more than likely a little later than that. That would put me in garnet at 2 years and 3 months or so.

I would be far more content with the game if there was just more to do than events and acquiring tokens then leveling dragons. The game just needs more to it. The walls wouldn’t feel so bad then I think.

It is a hard question because there are many other factors to consider along with maximum tower level. You can’t make dragons stronger without making bases stronger and vice versa. It is all relevant to the direction of progression. Up vs. Out.

Need to determine that continuing progression on the current scale is a bad thing before we can discuss a fix for it.

Understood. As I said I spent $15-20k. That’s why I am where I am.

If I wouldn’t I would have the same problem. And then I would question myself if that’s the game I wanna play, or if I’ll start spending more or if I can’t alternative is to quit or to be content where I am.

I do agree that old trash shouldn’t cost the same as it was. But to determine what old trash is I’d need to have full facts (I.e. how many players are actively playing and then I’d need to put them in baskets where they are in game).

You can’t see anything from one perspective only.

Do yall know what the #1 priority and mission statement is for PG? It rhymes with $$$

Personally i feel i should be thanking the end gamers…they allow me to play for free.

I think for free to light spenders once you get to sapphire, getting one dragon each breeding event should be relatively easy for an active player who’s on every day

However in my opinion it’s not. You would be lucky to get a dragon every other breeding event

Yes it is… But looking at it all at once is very challenging. I was wanting to look at one facet to help simplify things a little. I want to do this on a spreadsheet, not a database. :grin:

…and someone who doesn’t spend the same shouldn’t be able to compete with you. However, someone who starts the game new today and spends that much should be able to get close. Also, someone who played as long as you but didn’t spend, should be at about the same level as someone who started new today and spent a ton.

That is balance in my eyes.

It’s only an example, I know you have other elements for consideration. It is unlikely there are more than 100k active accounts. Only PG has the true number, and I doubt they share.

I actually know a player who spent $12k and started in November and gets harbingers next breeding event. :man_shrugging:t2:

I had to walk through tons of dragons and useless broken stuff in these 3 years new players have an easy progression and back breeds.

Are they hiring? @Warlord