4.0 Update and Tower Balance Changes

More later… This was just the easiest one.

Extending the Cannon, to level 200, using the current curves (by current curve, I took the increase between each level, took the difference of the increase between each level, and continued it, where possible) In some places, this was not possible, so I took the most conservative escalation values based on historical data.

Do not reject these simply because the numbers get absurd, which they do. My whole point is that the current state of things is not one that can be sustained, even if taken as conservatively as history suggests is reasonable.

My point is that this is not sustainable.

See for yourselves:

End game is Hau for me. After that we’ll see :man_shrugging:

TL;DR (or OMG, that’s a lot of numbers:

So far, Hau has proved to be useful at just about any level, provided you have practiced enough. :smiley:

Hence its end game :rofl:

@PGCrisis and @Arelyna

Just checking in on what the team thinks of giving us “real” (connected to tower strength) numbers for the Power Level?

Yes, there are other issues that are more concerning, such as the anemic Ice Flak and the super nerf of farms and mills. BUT–we should have an accurate number that reflects our true defensive power. We know this is not the case right now.

Any word on when or if this is going to happen?

Thanks.

@PGCrisis

So, nothing?

The outcry has dropped to a simmer. But what is simmering can quickly become a boil. There are still several large issues we have not had a response on.

If nothing else, let us know you’re having meetings and conversations. :smiley:

Thank you.

Agree. They need to address the farm issue.

I appreciate that they resolved the big issue. Doesn’t mean we let the pressure off. There are still issues from the 4.0 update. I do love the invite banners. And that they tell you when a run is full. For bigger players, the farms and Ice Flaks are still a big issue though.

Radio silence again… sure some things are “adjusted” but many are still not correct or even close to being balanced…

Mills are weaker at level 60 then they were at level 50… hmm anyone want to graph that, looks more like the current stock market drop.

Ice Flak… supposed to be the best tower… but it only fires blanks even at level 60…supposed to have the best range, but it takes sooooo long to fire that it’s toast before it even warms up.

1B+ defense bases are being taken out even with 3 defenders… making the investment in defense pretty much worthless.

Yet, no update or communication in over two days now?
Support tickets refer you to forums or Facebook for updates… really???.. do they even realize nothing has been said here or in Facebook to provide any information or timetable.

I understand that they need time, but at the same time, they said they would “collaborate” with the players and welcome input… anyone here part of the select PG player consulting group?? Maybe you could shed some light into developments.

Wars come and go,uselessly right now, as its a race to 250, forget amassing defensive points.

PG needs to be more transparent with the player base as to status. This last update has broken a lot of TRUST between players and PG, and it would do wonders if PG maintained a more open and transparent approach to keeping players informed.

That’s directly related to my request to get “real” power level numbers. Trust me, they know what I am asking for.

You want some graphs? Gimme a few.

I volunteer to be part of the discussions PG has. I will even call into the meetings to voice my suggestions and the suggestions coming from the player base. I will do this for free to help get the message to the developers.

As requested:

Farm Mill Super Nerf (original values are in the fist graphy, but they track perfectly with the originally release level 60 values, so you don’t see them:

I too, submit myself as tribute. Send me a PM with whatever your preferred means of communication is.

Hi, everyone! Hi, Savage. :wink:

I know I haven’t responded to this thread since Friday. My apologies for the perceived silence. I can tell you a couple of things that have been going on internally since we pushed out that update to re-re-RE-balance the towers:

• The biggest thing that’s happening internally (and what I’m personally super excited about) is that we are developing a process to provide pre-release information to a subset of players and get initial feedback and opinions ahead of content releases to the game. As mentioned in one of my earlier posts, this is something our product team has been championing and we are in talks about how to get something like this up and running. I’m stoked!
  • We’ve also been having some conversations about gameplay balance, our internal processes, and how we can accurately access the impact to player experience in our changes moving forward. We know there are still things to tackle in terms of game balance (Production buildings, Ice Flak towers…we know! We’ve been hearing all the feedback from ya!), and we are actively working on not only updating these towers in-game but also arriving at the most logical conclusions for why we are updating them. We are adamant about avoiding another Great Nerf Update that 4.0 could now be considered.
  • I’m also in talks with our PX team on what we can do to provide an apology gift to our players for everything that went down last week. It was quite an experience for us, but we know it was the same if not worse for you. We know an in-game gift doesn’t fix things, but we hope it can be considered a token of the actions we are taking to make things right in the long run.

That’s all I’ve got for updates so far. There’s also a bunch of new content coming out that I’ll be working on, but I will be sure to make time to update this thread as more changes take place. I’m very, VERY excited about the prospect of getting our players directly involved with the game, and impacting our decisions for the benefit of everyone who plays. It’s one of the best ways we can do right by you and I can’t wait to get that ball rolling. :slight_smile:

I hoped for more, but I know we can be a difficult crowd.

Thank you for the update. It is very encouraging to see some of the items you have listed. Here’s hoping they do become a reality.

Thanks for the update.

I’m not sure I agree with the graphs as even level 39 farms are far easier to take out. According to the graphs they show they are unchanged. However in game that is simply just not the case.

Yeaaah… for me it‘s clocks and / or sigils if you want to make us happy :grin:

Thanks for the update :blush:

I’ll accept apologies in the form of green dragons in the spring season :heart_eyes:

Anyway, it will be interesting to see if the new feedback group does end up materializing.