4.0 Update and Tower Balance Changes

assess*

:thinking: one could argue that they couldn’t access the impact assessment

Intern forgot the password.

We made them feel the impact :rofl:

Unfortunately I’m not so “super” stoked that nothing has transpired since Friday.

Conversations and discussions are a beginning, but decisions and actions carry much more weight.

Patience is an overly used word in in support tickets and this forum, as well as the myriad of apologetic verbiage.
However, much like elevator music, most (yeah I know some actually like it) people hate, as it comes across as more condescending than re-assuring or comforting.

Player feedback is needed. It has been provided in the past, yet apparently it seems like it was “in one ear out the other” given the Great Nerf Update 4.0.

Again, actions speak louder than words.

PG needs to be more transparent about changes. I fully understand the profit side, it’s business, I get it, but to what end is the bottom line worth destroying the revenue stream?

As for the “apology gift”, how about you re-name it the Great Nerf Giveback, and make it equitable to the losses incurred. A couple of rubies and timers will just irritate players further. This update had and continues to have a huge negative impact and the supposed balancing has actually become a greater imbalance.

I look forward to seeing more open communication from PG.

I volunteer as tribute

I English Good. :wink:

If the data is incorrect, I will admit that I have not pulled the information since the previous “re-rebalance” occurred. It is time-consuming to get the information, and I had no reason to think anything had changed.

Based on the numbers I pulled from 3.91 for the old values and for 4.00.1 (updated) for the new values, farms and mills have the exact same HP now as they did before up to level 40. Starting at 40, they gradually deviate further and further. I am not aware of any native resists these building have, so 39 and below should be the exact same.

I do not plan to pull data again until I notice a change in my values or Crisis announces another change.

Why do I feel like this is a disaster waiting to happen…

Let’s hope it’s not the worst case senario

They will pick players for that subset like they picked the winner for the best WD video.

At the end of the day this should be (if any) a super elite group of ppl who fully understand the game from beginning to end game.

Everything else will, as you said, be another game breaking experience caused by winsome and playful noobs who believe to understand the game.

Yea I don’t expect you to try and find data that isn’t there but I definitely noticed my farms and level 39 farms I attack to be a bit easier when the great nerfdate happened

Lmfao, that’s funny right there… and it just got sad :sob:

I would hope they are smart enough to get a representative sample of players for the whole game. It would not be that hard.

If we assume true randomness, and we assume 100k players, accept a 5% margin of error, a 95% confidence level, and a 20% response rate, then about 2,000 truly randomly selected players need to be asked/included. Of those 2000, only about 400 need to actually respond or be included. For any population size over 20,000, the numbers do not change much.

If we break the population down, either by league or by level segments, the sample can be smaller.

This all assumes true randomness in the selection.

(Yes, I am aware computers cannot be truly random, but they can be close enough that it would be acceptable.)

No I think it should be elite players from all levels. There are many players who are just as knowledgeable as older players in lower levels. See luffy for example. I’ll add myself here too. We need a cross section of views not just end game.

They won’t…if I know PG they are going to poll Gold League and Instagram haha.

I got a like. Does that mean I’m in? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: @PGCrisis

Hm… you may be right… I could have read them incorrectly :thinking: The way I read them was they had a right to change anything without notice going forward, but not what was already bought… I can see what you mean as well by the fact that the direct purchase of the rubies, etc you do get, but then there is the matter of intent…
I’m very impatient to see what the dept. says about this… however they ARE students so God-knows how long this will take.:see_no_evil:
I’m now just hoping from PGCrisis’s statement that they really WILL take our opinions into their decisions from now on… im so hesitant to buy or spend energy and time on things in this game anymore :pensive::anguished:

It means you’e on the right track! :wink:

Maybe you misread what I said. I said a group of elite who know the game from beginning to end game.

That means a mix of hardcore players of all tiers.

What do I know what a warrior flier wants in game? What do I know what a new player expects when (s)he enters the game.

It just can’t be endgame experience also not only noob experience.

What does a low or medium tier player know from endgame gaming?

If this group should be a success this can’t be a popularity contest or a gimme gimme gimme contest this needs to be a highly selective process with application and what not.