Banner colouring

Reopened? :eyes::eyes::eyes:

Probably because they thought this topic was worth discussing further? Even though it apparently fell off most people’s radars? (As indicated by the 30 day autoclosing time.)

I thought they were going to announce something, like they’re changing a color banner or symbol. :man_shrugging:t3:Now I’m not so sure.

Atlas did get their own banner colors + icon since then; those are nice :tada:

I’ve requested this thread to be reopened because i wanted to share an update on the banner/attack invite screen. We’ve made some quality of life improvements which should help the overall usage of the banner and the invite screen. Please let me know what everyone thinks about these changes.

note: not all these images are finalized

1. Attack Banner will always persist as long as there is an active invite
    -This improvement was made in order to allow people to continue to revisit any active invite. We’ve noticed that there were some cases where the banner could be closed unintentionally and wanted to correct that behavior
    -Added an X button: we added an “X” button which can be used to close the banner at any moment. If you’re doing something else and do not want to see the banner it can now be closed without going through the attack preview screen

2. Small Banner Color Update
    -Event banner will now be posted as yellow. It was never our intent to make event banners so indistinguishable from war battles. We’ve updated the color to be yellow so it’s easier to read event battles from wars going forward
    -Regulars Battles -> Green
    -Wars -> Red
    -Events -> Dark Yellow
    -Atlas -> Blue/Light Blue
    -Defense Yourself -> Red

3. Icon updates
    -We’ve added icons to the different types of battles to make it easier for our color vision deficient players.
    -War Defense:
    -Event Attack
    -Event Defense
    Icons

4. Attack Preview Updates
    -Each Attack/Defense is colored with its corresponding invite color. For example Wars will have a Red highlight to help players visualize attacks
    -Corresponding Icons for each Attack/Defense will be added
    -Join button made bigger and more consistent with the overall UI
    -Room Capacity!: We added a new feature which will allow you to know how many players are already in the battle.

Version 4.00 Pre-Release Notes
Battle Invites: Disabling expired invites/incomplete mockup of an alternate view
4.0 Update and Tower Balance Changes
Please Make Practical UI Changes
Detailed Document: Current War Dragons & Request (Section 2-1)
Version 4.00 Pre-Release Notes

I need to be able to give more than one like for this… must have all the things :tada:

Though invite jumping will still be an issue, this is still a massive improvement.

That is amazing! I don’t believe this was requested on the forums, but Jimminy cricket, that’s a huge QoW improvement!

Thank you for the invite improvements!

This is great as long as you can still differentiate a decoy war attack from a real one. Hopefully you haven’t changed anything besides the coloration.

From the post and the mock-up picture included, it looks like they color coded as well as symbol coded attacks, making it even easier to discern war attacks from decoys.

This is awesome!! Thanks!!

Just one teeny suggestion @PGMichael, can we change the word “battle” on the banner to be either “attack” or “defence”? I know the icons is there to differentiate but would be much clearer if the text also corresponds.

Thanks again can’t wait!

I still think the ability to toggle different ones would be nice but this certainly looks like an improvement

@forScience if were talking about rooms which have full capacity as opposed to expired invites. I think we addressed this issue by greying out the join button if the room is full. Once the timer expires it will naturally be removed from the list.

Edit: Oh, yes, this does address full rooms, sorry. The original post below is for expired invites.

The problem is the list jumping when you have multiple, say five, disappearing at the same time, so you’ll go to tap on one, but it’ll end up being an invite five later than intended. This was a bit of an overly complex version, but if the current version could have invites slide out one-by-one instead of instantly vanishing, that would also help to resolve it.

Either way, though, still a great improvement :smiley:

@forScience i think understand what you’re saying. Sorry! (btw your mockups look phenomenal!) Let me see how long what you’re asking for would take and i’ll see if we can fit it in to our timeline. Sorry, I hadn’t seen that post till now…

@PGMichael

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

If you had to have a non-committed timeframe for implementation, would it be days, weeks, months, longer?

Also. As I’m not sure this addresses the issue of the queue being impossible to click on your intended target due to jumping around when new invites are constantly being added fractions of a second apart, but would it be possible to do something where you could jump directly into a defend yourself without going through the queue? Maybe press and hold on the banner? Maybe a sub-button? Might be asking too much but I had to ask.

yea, thats just a mockup the real release should have that reflected

@EidolonRM we will probably be rolling this out in the 4.00 release which should be coming out hopefully on the 30th of January. So about 3 weeks?

As for the invites jumping, I’ll do some thinking around it and maybe if were lucky have something for you guys by the same release.

Do you guys have any suggestions, which could help with minimal changes to the current UI? @forScience

Create a matrix, with invites populating the matrix scaffold, and fading and expiring

Aka shows say 16-20 at once, not 4

Have a toggle that can say during war disable all non war banners

Using a sliding animation (remember PowerPoint animations?) one at a time instead of immediate disappearance would allow people time to react accordingly.

Edit: Sent a video in PM; it’s terrible :rofl:

Looking forward to the new banners coming out :eyes:

How lucky are we this release?