Last fall, I made a proposal on the old forums as to how I think we could improve the progression of breeding at the “Dreaded Sapphire Wall”. This is one of the biggest issue in the game for progression due to the immediate lock in options and the inconsistencies of breeding in these higher tiers. What I have done is put together some breeding pairs that will lessen the strain on the players.
Note: I do believe that token missions need to be addressed, but that is a subject for a different topic.
- Create more breeding path options by opening up Platinum Legendary true backbreeds
- Remove the need for superfluous breeding after one gets a mythic and a legendary of the following tier
- Keep the “basic” full breed costs - 3 legendaries and 1 mythic per tier.
- Create logical backbreed openings as new tiers open up
- Still make it more efficient to breed with a breeding path over “willy nilly” aka random breeding.
Here are the current costs to get through a tier, from start to top rarity, using one of the most efficient breeding paths I know of - Red’s Best Breeding Path.
To get more Gold Breeders for Platinum
Again, I 100% believe token missions need to be scaled, but we need to approach this progression issue from more directions than just one. Thus, I wanted to make this proposal.
Now I have been making breeding paths for a very, very long time and thus I feel that my point of view is a little skewed in that direction. Thus, if you feel there is a backbreed we so desperately need that I did not address, please bring it up! I especially found myself struggling in Obsidian with this proposal as, well, most of obsidian is pretty trashy. Pretty, but trashy. I would love some “I really think we need a backbreed for X in Obsidian” thoughts especially.
Typo: Apop and Jul should give Chompa and Iteru.