Clarity on starting flames in wars

I can’t seem to wrap my head around this, so I’m hoping someone can shed a little sanity on it for me.

Pre-War Flame Counts

TEAM A: 3 players
TEAM B: 2 players

TEAM A starting flames: 240
TEAM B starting flames: 235

My assumption is that starting flames plus number of players = 250, but in this case, Team B can never reach 250 because they only have two players: highest flame count possible is 245.

Team A, on the other hand, only needs 2/3 players to make successful 5-flame hits to win.

Help? Ball peen hammer to my temple? Sumpin?

It’s to encourage people to have a full roster. If a 1/50 team started at 245 vs a 50/50 team (he would be at 0/250 flames in this scenario in game, but we’re pretending OP’s desired rules are true), but was a level 550 with a max base, he could win a decent amount of wars if the other teams don’t have the dragons/skills to take his base.

I don’t want to sound rude… but he would most certainly not win any wars against a 50/50 team :joy: even if they did nothing, he’d lose 5-245

Edit: you probably mean “if we didn’t have this system in place”

Yep! That’s what this part as for, I’ll add a () to dispel any possible confusion.

for every player that leaves or empty slot = 5 flame points

if the player that got hit left, the 5 flame points become free (the 5 flame point that got contributed will turn into a free 5 flame point and the one that did that attack can do another attack).

More like this:

230 flame points
1 player left (was already hit)
230 flame points

225 flame points
1 player left (hasn’t been hit by anyone)
230 flame points

That part I get totally @Kenshiki; my OP was about pre-war flames.

To @Lutrus regarding OP, that makes more sense, thanks. IOW, there’s an algorithm in place, so it’s not just straight flame point counts as it is during war.

yeah, sorry if i misunderstood a bit, but let me try again.

Team A will win instantly (skip the scheduled time for the war to end) if they can hit 2 players from the other side.

However, Team B can only win if they can hit 2 players on the other side and one of the team member on team A leaves, but, this has to be done before team A reaches 250 flame points.

don’t know if the second one has been done, but that’s my educated guess.

Yup that makes sense. I wonder if the algorithm factors in level averages. For instance, if Team A has 3 members under level 50 and Team B has members over 100 versus Team A with 3 over 100 and Team B with 2 members under level 50. I wonder if those pre-war flames would remain the same.

Cuuuuuriouuuuuus.

Anyway, thanks guys. Much appreciated.

nope, it only gives you 5 flame point for every empty slot. It won’t provide anything less than that.

even if its a level 20 or 700, it will provide 5 flame points to the other team if they leave their team.

Level is ignored, that’s why a team of 100-200 have no business declaring on a team of 300s

If it’s that static, though, and not influenced by player level, then why wouldn’t the numbers be reversed in the OP?..

2 players start with 240
3 players start with 235

instead of what it actually shows:

3 players start with 240
2 players start with 235

I don’t know where the compensation algorithm kicks in. And there has to be one in place or scenario 1 would be the case instead of scenario 2.

Algorithms are only as good as their input data, and I can’t find the demarcation point for where the data is static with an even exchange (player:starting flame ratio) and where the variables change that stat.

This is not some complex algorithm. The allocated flames are designed to favor a full roster. Every player less than 50 at time of declare gives your opponent 5 flames.

So for example:
Opponent 50/50. No free flames
Opponennt 48/50. 10 free flames
Opponent 47/50. 15 free flames

In your example if the two teams fought:
Team A (3/50) attacks Team B (2/50)
Team A starts with 240 flames
Team B starts with 235 flames

Team A should win

If what you’re saying is accurate, then what I’m seeing is inaccurate.

Again…

3 players start with 240 flames (max achievement would be 255)
2 players start with 235 (max achievement would be 245)

Max achievement is 250. You cannot hit a base for more flames once it is eliminated

Team 1 = 3 / 50 member will provide 235 flame points to the other team (5 x 47 = 235)
Team 2 = 2 / 50 member will provide 240 flame points to the other team (5 x 48 = 240)

Team 1 will have 240 flame points
Team 2 will have 235 flame points

I’m aware of that @DerangedSkrill , and that’s not the issue that I’m trying to clarify. Obviously, a team can’t score past 250.

What I am seeing with my own eyes is this:

TEAM A: 3 players with 240 starting flames
TEAM B: 2 players with 235 starting flames

It is based on your opponent

That’s correct. Team B only has 2 players, which means team A only has to hit 2 people to win the war. This puts team A at 240 starting flames.

The formula looks like this:
250 - ((number of opposing players)*5)

Team A has 3 players, so team B will have:
250 - (3 * 5) = 235 starting flames.

Make sense?

Crap. Finally. It makes sense.

Dang brain has to overcomplicate every freaking thing lol

THANK YOU! To everyone who hung in there with me…

:medal_sports::medal_sports::medal_sports::medal_sports::medal_sports:

and

:cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

and you may also need

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

You’re looking at it from the wrong direction. The number of flames you are provided pre-war or even during if one of their players leave, is dictated by their number of players. So the number of players team A can attack is 2… since the max number of flames possible is 5 per base and max number of flames is 250, then all Team A can possibly get to reach 250 is 10 flames so 250 - 10 = 240.

There is no algorithm nor other math involved… it really is that simple. Is it the clearest way to represent it? No, but it is that basic.

Edit: just saw Lutrus’ response above… mine is redundant lol