Dark Flak Tower Balance

Exactly! At my point in the game and lower, there is nothing wrong with flaks and turrets. So how can I give a proper opinion in changing them? I just hope any scaling has a minimal effect on towers under lvl 30 or so.

I (and others at my level) can’t say what needs to be done at the top end when we have no experience with that level of play. Our opinions are irrelevent. I just hope those with the experience make the right decision. If you don’t know what’s best, then don’t vote.

Yeah lets nerf the only thing keeping saphire tier in check for lvls 300+ defended, i bet everyone who spent months developing their layout based on current stats will be thrilled! Answer - D: none of the above.

• If seriously considerimg this, what was the point in releasing a spell like elemental barrier?

• ☆If a decision MUST be made between the 3 options, id have to go with less damage but longer stun… this would lower the drastic impact that the dark flak has all by itself while giving other towers the opportunity to make up for what the dark has had taken away…

Of the proferred options, I like shotgun B.

Might I also suggest finding a use for the absolutely absurd amount of fire and ice shards most long time and/or spending players have? Maybe a gatling gun turret that alternates freezing and magma core bullets or something idk.

Exactly this. I feel my ‘vote’ would not be as valuable as someone in the “end-game” only because I’m not having to face level 50-60 towers or any where near obsidian to actually judge how its like in the upper tier of the game.

A because if i just want stuns i will go for trebuchets.

@PoItergeist :hugs::hugs:

This is where what I really don’t get at all…
Below is screenshot of my lv 45 dark flak that I posted before in my post for archer and cannon nerfing. This was before ver3.90

Compared to my current lv49 flak capped at 1.33M, it seems like way it was before didn’t have a cap and was working perfectly fine.
I didn’t have fire turret or flak beyond level 40, but has there really been such a problem? At least for dark flak?

No offense, but I hope PG automatically filters and ignores “opinions” from all players that don‘t have any towers above lvl40 as those aren‘t affected by this change.

Not something I can filter for on the forum.

Like b or c option here

For everyone’s sake I hope so too. The only one of the towers I “voted” on I included I’m not high enough to know what the post-update changes did from experience (I said I don’t get how making the fire turret worse is a good thing since it’s so easily countered/avoided). This one and fire flak didn’t vote. So from someone who doesn’t have lvl 40 towers, I agree with MareZ and @Coach. I’m sure there is a way that forum posters levels can be looked up (hello these are our ign’s :rofl:).

B would be my choice.

This is the same type of argument that was used in opposition to Women’s Suffrage, think about that. And Nydryr is a unique dragon, something fun and different, was not meant to be the best dragon in the game. Give other people and their opinions a chance, you and this game will be better off for it.

I vote for option B as well.

No offense but I don’t agree at all with that analogy…if the towers get catered to the low level players (I’m a low level player) then yes the high level players won’t be happy but when we become high level players we’ll be complaining about how our shit doesn’t work at high levels and needs a change. I’m not backing any specific opinion on tower balancing I’m just saying in general it should make sense that opinions of those that know 100x more than us should probably be valued a little differently. Not every “high level” player has said “leave everything as it is.” I know I personally go to certain people with questions rather than others because well, they know more than others…same principle…

Bad analogy. Women have the capacity to understand real life issues and vote on them. Low levels have no way of understanding what it’s like to play at high level.

The traditional use of flak in air defense includes disruptions as well as the potential for significant damage. Since we’re being asked to help brainstorm and since none of the options are particularly appealing and effectively nerf some or much of the towers ‘ benefits, you could add a quality like a visual stun that blurs towers much like the combo of storm and ice towers effectively whiteout or blind the attacker from seeing what they’re hitting or have hit…

Since that seems unlikely, then b seems the lesser nerf, but could be counterbalanced by adjusting the number and/or rate of the AI SS.

So you are telling someone who doesn’t have guidance and is level 250+ and sapphire dragons with full base of towers at level 30 knows much more about flying and base than a level 70 who has learnt stuff from big players, guidance and has a short base with level 25-26 towers. slow claps

Has the level 70 experienced high level play where turret’s and flak’s are an issue?

No. But watched the experience, yes.
And do you honestly think by changing only level 41 to 60 won’t have any effect on all other levels below? I feel it will change because scaling of damage won’t be proportionate with levels otherwise. I won’t comment if change will be done only for lev 41 to 60 and have absolutely no effect on any other levels. And I don’t see that it will be only changed for those levels.
If it was explicitly stated in the post that the changes to towers will only happen in level 41-60, I am out of this discussion.
And yes I understand from the post that

But

All those options affect all levels, so i don’t really know why I should stay out of this discusson.
Btw, I don’t have fire flak tower on my base so i never commented on that post considering my contribution is useless there.