May 2018 Ban Wave

Took the forum long enough…

What do you mean Grump? :thinking:

For someone to change their name to NotPanda :panda_face:

You didn’t notice the other one that popped up the other day? lol

Starts with an r, ends with a P

War Dragons players are some of the quirkiest for sure :smirk:

erAyehT

Oh I knew straight away. Hence my comment on forums taking its time to realise :joy:

Although, maybe Rae just had a Bad naP… :man_shrugging:

@PGJared
I understand why you don’t want to explain how people cheated. But i have a question… is PG fixing the code so this can’t happen?

Additionally, do you understand that if you get this wrong and get sued, say in NH where every single violation is 3k, it could put you out of business?

Reasons.

This may very well be one of them.

If you’re gonna make legal threats, don’t make them at me. Make them to our legal team. Also, good luck with that.

@PGJared
I’m not making threats. I’m pointing it out. I wasn’t banned nor have i ever cheated. I’d be happy to talk to your team. I’ve been practicing law for over 20 years. I can give them the specifics on the NH consumer protection as it applies to digital platforms if you would like.

The might change some code but definitely not all. Many of the exploits that were there over a year ago when pointed out…still there

There is great motivation for them NOT to fix it as well…$$$. Most games start with the idea to make the best game. Few of them seem to survive the heavy monetization.

The hard part would be to prove they are doing it intentionally…but if you can, then what?

@PGJared
Add i’ll add that i support you banning cheaters 100% even when i am impacted.

Colon cleanse will help with impaction.

Lol yeah that too.

@PGJared sent y’all a ticket reporting a hacked account.

Report it in game

Lol that’s what sending a ticket means

I agree. You can never have a contract that allows you to get defrauded. So the Tos would get thrown out the window if you could prove fraud. CA laws may not apply as they do business in every jurisdiction and country. ToS aren’t as cut and dry as some people here seem to believe. I’ve practiced law for almost 10 years now.

But can you prove it…and what would you need to prove it. Would be very difficult and could just be written off as an “oops , we didn’t know”.

If you are responding to me, proof is usually not needed. Just an allegation with a few supporting facts. If it would cost a company 20k in rss to comply with subpoenas and 100k in legal fees they’ll usually accept your offer for 10k reimbursement with an NDA. Litigation is expensive.