May 2018 Ban Wave

going to love checking this thread again in a few days once PG decided on what to do with that level 415.

I think one simple look using their tools can determine if he’s a cheater or not, but support cannot do anything (like banning an obvious cheater) unless it is escalated to the team that handles this report.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

PG has already went into his account and cleared it that’s why he is still here they just did this a few days ago

sure… might be innocent before, but might not be now.

Don’t know so we just have to see.

This is not the place for discussion or accusations. I will be deleting and reporting each off topic or targeted post. Keep this on topic. If you have someone to report, report them - don’t just post on the forums.

Its kinda fun when they do it in such an outrageous way though… lol

Sorry for dragging it out in the forum’s but as I said was damaging to our team and our team mate

Flag posts if you feel this is the case. Try as I might and for as much time as I spend on the forums, I cannot read everything. Flagging every post that is problematic is very helpful is focusing my (and all mods’) attentions.

to the person that is reporting that guy (the peep guy), if you really want to report him/her, just send a ticket. Also, support might have read the forum already (before red deleted it) and did a report if they saw that the guy is actually cheating.

If this is still a bit off-topic, please flag it or delete this.

NH like New Hampshire?

Never heard of such a thing and I’ve lived around these parts all of my civilian life

Turn off your phone or leave far away from where you sleep. No way would I deal with people waking me up. Even if I slept more than 4 hours

Interesting how my post got tagged as inappropriate. Intrigues me…

Posts can be flagged for being off topic, breaking TOS, or a variety of other reasons. If you disagree, you’re welcome to PM a mod or Pg employee.

The only problem is device IDs can be changed. Any rooted or jailbroken device can have the id changed. There’s only one way to slow or mostly stop ,that’s move this game to server side client.

Device ID doesn’t even need root/jailbreak to change. Just a factory reset.

WIFI MAC is easy to spoof. Cell radio MAC is possible, but much more involved, and you do risk breaking things that matter (but if you are at this level of cheating, you are probably not using a device you really care about that much).

Every protection has a possible circumvention–but, some of these are pretty easy to implement, and would reduce the near immediate return of some. Especially the cell radio MAC blacklist. I expect any cheater who can do this is likely not getting caught up in ban waves (or, not usually).

But… that’s just speculation on my part.

They could easily move this to server side based,encrypt the data stream. If a 20 year old mmo can do it,a modern mobile game can.

“Easily” may not be an entirely fair characterization. And it would have some performance consequences that could be offset only by additional capital expenses. I am not saying i do not agree with you.

Even with client-side software, if integrity checks were done more often to see if data did not match, that would have only a slight impact on user performance (usually between things and not during them), and it would resolve the most common cheats.

Yes, data could be changed in stream, but the cheaters who know how to do this are, again, not the ones that are getting caught.

Device bans actually do happen, it’s just easy to delete the game info from your device (easier on android, but not a hard thing to do at all)

Just curious as to the cause or reason behind all these accidental bans, what is causing ppl to be mistaken as a cheater?

there’s no accidental ban. All people banned on the ban wave are 100% cheaters.

People who report that they were rollback to 1 (making it look like they got banned) is an issue that PGJared and his team is investigating. An example of this is the savage guy and the pyrosniiper guy. Both are being investigated based on PGJared.

Do not mistake the ban wave to an issue or glitch.