Moderator Applications

Hey folks,

Since we’ve launched a new forum we are looking to bring on new moderators as well as increase our moderator pool. Everyone (including previous moderators) are welcome to apply. To be clear, this is a voluntary role that is not a formal employee of Pocket Gems in any way. To apply, please create a ticket with the following:

1. Why you want to be a moderator.
  2. The forum account name you’ll be using. (Just in case you have multiple accounts, we want to be clear which one will be used for mod purposes.)
  3. What time-zone you’re in.
  4. What languages you speak.
  5. What account(s) you used on the old forum.

Moderators will be expected to abide by the same forum rules that all players must abide by. When submitting a ticket, please put “Moderator Application” towards the top of the message.

How many moderators total do you expect to have?

Do we apply directly on this post or to you?

I want to start with 3-5, but depending on traffic we may increase that.

Tickets are created via the in-game contact button.

Can I put a ticket in explaining why I would make a horrible moderator ?

Joking aside let’s hope you make better choices than the old ones who favoured their friends .

So how many bans on the old forums disqualify you?

Asking for a friend of course!

There is no bar for that. It really depends on why you were banned. Sometimes folks need to take a breather, and sometimes you get so riled up you don’t know to take said breather. A ban isn’t always “You messed up, A-A-Ron!” and sometimes means “Take a break and come back to this later”.

I am a french I can not participate :roll_eyes:

You can be French and apply.

Isn’t there a song like that by Chicago? Goes something like, “everybody needs a little time away …”

To apply, please create a ticket with the following:
Why you want to be a moderator. -To take vengeance against my sworn enemies. The forum account name you’ll be using. (Just in case you have multiple accounts, we want to be clear which one will be used for mod purposes.) -Lx460 What time-zone you’re in. -EST What languages you speak. -Don’t we all have Google translate? What account(s) you used on the old forum. Really? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Create a support ticket, ingame, using the contact us feature, not reply here on the forums…

I thought it was pretty clear it was done in jest, although, there has been some pretty lackluster reading comprehension in this here thread xD

Oh dang, that’s what I get for not paying attention to what I was reading :man_facepalming:

But seriously, he stole my application and changed the names! He cheated! Stole my answers!

Why put your email on a public forum?

Hello, few quick questions.

1. What will the duties and responsibilities of said individual entail?
  2. What would be the expected activity level be? Hourly checks, Daily, as needed?

Want to ensure I fully understand what it is Im applying for should I should to do so. Your time is appreciated.

Judging from the flurry of activity on these new forums, I’d say @PGJared and the PX team needs to weed through these and get some forum moderators active asap…