Public Service Announcement re:Atlas Teams

So no innocent players get duped, like my team and I did, if you are on a team that has Atlas access, I’d HIGHLY recommend you look at the creation date of your team to make sure it wasn’t AFTER your team gained Atlas access.

And to everyone that has exploited it, shame on you.

I don’t want to see anymore innocent players get screwed by this exploit.

Reread it. Compare the dates to the roll out dates.

I know it doesn’t make sense, it shouldn’t make sense.

Just verify your team creation date was BEFORE Atlas was rolled out to that team.

How does this happen and any examples? And how were you duped?

It’s fixed now I think, but just in case, I’m not giving any details.

I may be loud, annoying and obnoxious, but I don’t stand for cheating or exploiting the game.

Prolly just painted a huge target on my base, but :man_shrugging:

I’ve reread it 3 times and still don’t get it…

Atlas roll-out date say 1 Jan 2017. Team creation date say 1 March 2017. Get it now?

If you have Atlas, go find the list of rollout dates. Compare the date that your team was given Atlas to your team’s creation date.

It is impossible to get Atlas BEFORE your team was created…

Are there teams that you know of abusing this?, because if so it should be reported and if you already did that, great.

All of the team releases with Atlas are documented here on the forum. Perhaps it is a visual glitch with the team creation date, because I am positive that those occur.

Yeah, I’m not so sure it is a visual glitch. Far too many teams have a creation date after they were granted Atlas access.

Fairly certain this was mentioned earlier today via PM by someone else, but I’ve also brought it to the attention of 4 members of PG staff via PM.

0 responses.

I don’t know if this is the same from what I have in mind, but yeah, if this is the one, then they need to fix it, but don’t create any more post. let the PG staff handle it. They are busy and we all know that. Wait for @PGDave to read your PM if you did PM him.

I checked, I think they’ve fixed it.

Either way, I just don’t want anyone else to split their team up thinking they’ve obtained the holy grail of WDs, Atlas, only to get hosed.

Edit, and he did read it. Added EggToken to the convo. Still nothing. :man_shrugging: If all I can do is warn players, then that’s what I’m gonna do. I know they’re busy too :+1:

@Jonesy PG may very well be turning a blind eye to this because we’re awesome and they want us up there. :wink:

In all seriousness though, let’s give them through the breeding event to get back to us here. If they deem everything on the level I am game for moving the team to Atlas.

So if I understand.

• you asked to join an Atlas team
  • team X says “I have Atlas come join us”
  • you verify team X is on one of the lists for Atlas roll out
  • you ALL quit and join without sending one person over first to check things out
  • team X disbanded a while ago and this team X you joined is a “new” version of the team with the same name

Is that about correct?

more or less like inherited the team that was disbanded by creating that same team name.

There’s more to the story, but the jest of it, yes. A lot of uncool additional stuff happened as well