What are you reading, and/or favorite book(s)?

I thought I would create a topic on books since I love reading. Plus why not make something fun!

Current book: Eligible

Favorite Book: any of the Throne of Glass books, Harry Potter

My favorite book series is Mercy Thompson by Patricia Briggs.

Currently reading: Do androids dream of electric sheep? By Phillip K. Dick

Favourite books: The song of ice and fire series, Wolf Hall, The Hobbit, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell and Did I ever tell you how lucky you are? By Dr Seuss. I know the last one is a children’s book but it never fails to cheer me up after a bad day.

Oooooh, I’m sure PGJared would LOVE to be a part of this conversation. But, he’s already gone… :ghost:

I just recently finished the selfish gene by Richard Dawkins and I am hoping to read The Origin of Species by Charles Darwin😍

Lock the thread on the day that he gets back. :smiling_imp:

I don’t know why, but I haven’t read fiction for a while :frowning: . There’ve been random free books on Amazon but nothing I remember. Other than that, it’d have been Game of Thrones and Wheel of Time years before that… no idea where I left off.

Evil!! :astonished: I like it.

How was Tower of Dawn? I’ve had it in my bag for ages but never seem to get round to starting it

Started the Blood Card by Elly Griffiths but finding it harder to get into than the previous two. The series is crime fiction set in Brighton in the 1950s.

I’m reading the 3rd and last book of the three body problem trilogy. The Dark Forest By Cixin Liu

So many…

But recently:

• The Passage, The Twelve, and City of Mirrors by Justin Cronin. “Vampires that don’t sparkle in the sun.”
  • The Last Policeman by Ben Winters
  • The Fireman by Joe Hill
  • Anything by Kevin Mitnick
  • Anything by Neal Stephenson

That’s recently anyway. Not counting my non-fiction (except the Mitnick), since it’s pretty heavy in my field, which probably lacks general appeal.

I read a lot but some of my favorites are:
•The Valiant
•The diabolic
•Throne of Glass
•The Battlemage
•Last Star Burning
•Three Dark Crowns

I read a lot of fantasy sci-fi and these are the favorites I remember right now I am very likely forgetting a few. I

Here’s Loren I remember:
•Hunger Games
•The Defiant
•The Inquisition
•Valkyrie: The Runaway

Still forgetting a few … lol just realized most of my favorites have ‘the’ in the name

Favorite series (that the author has completed)
Tales of the Malazan Fallen by Steven Erikdson.

The Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson is going to give it a run for its money when finished I think.

I have read Origin of Species because I was bored… there was no improvement to my mood for doing so but his observations were interesting.

Lately my wife has a bigger reading budget so I’ve been reading a lot of books by Kerri Arthur, Kim Harrison and JR Ward.

Anything with James Patterson Steven king and of course Harry Potter.

Hmmm reading is my favourite activity other than non pg13 things :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I used to read a lot, couple of thousand titles in my home.

Now on ipad! YES

Favourite books - wow so many, but a few keepers

Patrick Rothfuss - Name of the Wind

Also, the Phedre trilogy from Kushiel’s dart series by Jacqueline Carey (not so pg13)

When I’m being a bit more silly I like the stories about Oberon from the iron druid chronicles (although strictly not terrific books, they are fun :slight_smile:

Patrick better finish the next book soon!!! I hate waiting!

Is that Dawkins book good? I have been in some of his lectures and i read the god delusion but i haven’t tackled that one yet.

As for my own Entry.

Other than Forums (which is a novel onto itself) I just read the third Stormlight Archive by Sanderson. Good series so far.

YOU’VE BEEN TO ONE OF HIS LECTURES​:scream::exploding_head:?!
and yeah it’s an amazing book, it really explains how the genes are the ones in control and we are merely just « survival » machines. It sort of changed how I viewed the world