What are you reading, and/or favorite book(s)?

Yes i went to one of his public lectures when he was visiting McGill a few years ago. It was kinda dumbed down for my liking but still interesting. I would like to take an actual class with him.

I’m a big Patrick Rothfuss and Scott Lynch fan. And of course Wheel of Time.

If you like high fantasy:
The Belgariad series by David Eddings
And the Shannara series by Terry Brooks

Those are my favorite series ever. I reread them every year or two.

I have only read Eddings ‘Dreamer’ series which i wasn’t thrilled with. Maybe ill give him another chance and try Belgariad.

@Gox1201 , I can honestly say I rarely read on my iPad, but I do love my Kindle so very much. Reading on my iPad gives me a headache after a while…but the portability of both is the best! Only way to get through commuting by train.

Why do you need books when you have forums??:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Favourite book: Candide by Voltaire

Currently reading: The Trial by Kafka

I prefer to read physical books, digital devices may be more convenient for most, but it just doesn’t feel the same.

Favorite series:

• Fantasy: The Wheel of Time
  • Sci-Fi: Honorverse; probably followed by either Culture or The Expanse

Waiting on: David Weber’s latest in the Honor Harrington series.

edit: We’ve run out of space on our book cases, so primarily a digital reader now myself.

My favorite book is Ender’s Game. It has been my favorite since I was in 8th grade (I’m 24 now) and I’ve named one of my Aussies after Ender.

Good book! I read it again recently actually. Mediocre movie lol

Speaking of good books but mediocre movies. I recently read the giver. Great book…

Yes I just responded to myself.

The movie eliminated core aspects of the book that added depth and complexity to ender’s character and the story as a whole. The movie was a mockery of my favorite book.

@ShadowsOfBirds, to be honest, so many books to movies do that. I feel that way about the 5th HP movie for sure. They got rid of the exciting parts of the Ministry of Magic scenes.

True… but that is normal. Movies can never capture it properly. Look at Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy… awful movie… great books

Sorry I didn’t read your response before responding… but yes… although Harry Potter should never be abbreviated and certainly wouldn’t be my example (as evidenced) :joy:

I read Zombie non-fiction series and post-apoleptic books. Haven’t found a good one in a while. Any suggestions?

Favorite book series Adrian’s Undead Diary by Chris Philbrook. He originally wrote it is a real time diary on his website so the dates in the book are the dates he actually wrote them. Great great series.

That book blew my mind as a kid :joy: that, Hatchet, and Harry Potter were my favorites. As for recently, randomly picked up The Trial by Franz Kafka in a used bookstore (very taxing read, meh) and circled back to the Infinite Jest I’ve started and stopped repeatedly over the past year and a half, ha.
Edit: forgot The Tender Bar by J.R. Moehringer, a pretty good non-fiction book I read recently, annnd H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald.

World war Z by Mel Brooks, if you haven’t read it. Way different than the movie, which I didn’t find that bad. I hope someone makes a Series out of it. And for Time travel fans Conni Willis Blackout and All clear.
Anne Leckie the justice series I enjoyed very much.
And for the Holmes fans out there The books by James Lovegrove🤤

The books by Cronin, that someone mentioned earlier. It doesn’t get much more postapokalyptic.

My favorite books are the books from Kristin cashore and Kelley Armstrong. Trough true blood was a good read as well.

Currently reading or better said rereading graceling by Kristin cashore