What are you reading, and/or favorite book(s)?

Maze runner series. I actually cried when Theresa died at the end :sob::joy:

No spoilers, please😯

World War Z was a great book. The only thing similar to the book and nd the movie is the name. Lol

Yes, that is so true, but still the movie wasn’t that bad, just something completely different.

I think the reason it bothered me so much was because of how easy it would’ve been to do it right. I understand aging them up, I understand why they cut what they cut, but they unnecessarily changed Ender on a fundamental level when they made him aware that he was actually committing xenocide.

I love Sarah J Maas and I’m anxiously awaiting the next book in her Throne Of Glass series. I prefer books with a lot of snark. Pretty much anything paranormal. Sherrilyn Kenyon and Jeaniene Frost are amazing authors. I’ll read anything they write. I greatly enjoyed the Eragon series as a whole, but wasn’t too pleased with how it ended. Of course the Twilight series will always be at the top of my favorites list. It got me addicted to the whole paranormal genre.

It’s hard to find a kid actor to properly convay that realization though… I agree with you but I guess I just didn’t expect much better. Books are always better than the movies.

I am anxiously waiting the next Throne of Glass book! The set-up from Tower of Dawn makes that cliffhanger even worse!

Havent read much for a long time but I always liked Michael Crichton books. Last I read was the Steven King Dark Tower books and enjoyed that series.

Harry Potter series and Ender’s Game book. I had read most of the Ender series but did not like the rest of the series that much. Ender’s Shadow was better than the others but Ender’s Game was definitely far above it. Out of the thousands of books I’ve read (including hundreds of raunchy romance novels) it is ironic that kids books are my favorite. :sweat_smile:

Looks like I need to add throne of glass to my library!

I haven’t seen it yet, but the dark tower series by Stephen king is still a favorite.

I have Tower Of Dawn sitting on my nightstand, but haven’t had a chance to read it yet. I think I’m going to have to make it a priority now!

Agreed, anything by David Eddings is a great read!
Terry Brooks was ok but got a bit hard going as titles went on, but have watched and enjoyed The Shannara Chronicles on TV.

Raymond E Feist is also excellent! Magician series is fantastic. Not to mention everything that comes after it.

David Gemel, Legend series is also worth a read.

But one of my most favourite series is by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman, Dragon Lance Chronilces and Legends! Yep you guessed it, it has Dragons in it and there is no other reason you need, not to read these books!!

As you may have guessed, I’m a bit of a Fantasy geek! Love anything to do with Dragon, hence my Dragon Tattoo!

Ooh, books! I’m not as much of an avid reader anymore (too busy), but the last book I was reading was Watchers by Dean Koontz. As for my favorite, I think Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson owns my heart :smile_cat:

Wheel of time my absolute fav, the stormlight series also very good, the belgariad series awesome, piers Anthony in general the pern series , way to many more to think of

All of the high fantasy listed is phenomenal with the Stormlight series potentially bumping the Wheel of Time from its top spot in the genre. One to add to that list is the Seeker of Truth series by Goodkind. It’s a little darker but very well written. On a lighter note the Myth series by Asprin is one of the funnest I’ve ever read. Light and easy to read he brings an ironically punny wit to bear on the fantasy realm. Top book of all time however goes to the Bible. It covers every genre possible in the written language and many of the themes in the books we know and love find their origin and inspiration from between its pages. I recommend it above all others.
P.S. it even has dragons :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@AnointedSon, I tried so hard to get through the Seeker of Truth series because I really liked the show they made out of it, but I kept getting bored and would only get 100 pgs in.

Mine… for the last 1 ½ years, over and over again through various rewrites. Off to the editor on Monday though so, woohoo!

Couple of days off then back into book 2 :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Chuckles.
I hear you there, it was a pretty slow start on the series, lots of kinda vague character development that doesn’t make sense until much further on. Somewhat like the first half of the fellowship of the ring. Hard to get through but when you finally do it gets good.

While I really enjoy the stormlight series comparing it to wheel of time is apples v oranges imo as for seeker of truth I’ve read them and like them ok but I wouldn’t pit them against wheel either the only thing I prefer about seeker is the ending provided … Sanderson allomantic series is really good too