What are you reading, and/or favorite book(s)?

Yo Imma let you finish but the Death Gate Cycle was Weis and Hickman’s best work.

(Also I’m reading the final book in the Inheritance Trilogy by N.K. Jemison. Once that’s done I think I might re-read The Traitor Baru Cormorant in preparation for the sequel, or maybe start The Fifth Season. Back to vacation-mode for me!)

I am reading my daughter’s new novel. I will post it later, we are going to give the e version away on Amazon for awhile to get her name out there.

I am very proud of her and it is quite entertainjng

My next book will be The Emerald Mile. A book documenting a high water descent of the the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon. :rowing_man:‍♂️

I do agree death gate was good. DL is nostalgic though! Those characters. Tanis, Raistlin, Kit etc. Stays with you.

Thanks Jared, I didn’t know about the Death Gate Cycle for some reason, checked it out and it will definitely be my next read.

I first started reading DragonLance Cronicles and Legends about 1990 and have read them just about constantly since!

Hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation :grin:

Recently i have been reading a few books over and over it seems:

1. Hungry Hungry Caterpillar
  2. Good night moon
  3. The going to bed book.

I read them every night!!!

If you need a little variety I’d recommend.

Before I go to sleep.
Also although not a bedtime story as such.
There’s a hippopotamus on my roof eating cake.

What a sneaky appearance :face_with_monocle:!

To throw in my 2c. One of my all-time favorites would be “One Hundred Years of Solitude”, and love loved “The Things They Carried”.

I’ve read all of them, including the short stories, and I would say the “Ender” sequels were my least favorite. The others, the Bean series and the Formic war series I thought were great. Always good to do a deeper dive into a world you are already invested in.
My problem is every time a new one comes out I feel I have to reread all the previous books so I don’t miss any nuances.It isn’t necessary, just my OCD…

Other than some of the ones mentioned above (looks like @Jonesy and I have the same taste in books) I enjoyed the Old Man’s War series by Scalzi, and though a bit outdated, anything by Niven and Pournelle.

The Wool trilogy by Howey is a new favorite too.

Also, not to be remiss in a War Dragons forum, McCaffrey’s Dragonriders of Pern series.

Just picked up the third book in the Craft Sequence by Max Gladstone. I also listened to the delightful reading of http://www.lightspeedmagazine.com/fiction/different-kinds-of-darkness/ by LeVar Burton.

The Monster Baru Cormorant is coming out very soon, which I’m very very very excited for.

Dragon Lance is so much fun. Ive been Raistlin in every game ive played for the last 20 years…also love any book with Drizt Du’Urden.

Finished it last night, so on to the fourth of the Craft Sequence books. Let’s see if I can finish it in less than 3 weeks this time.

I’m currently working my way through Stephen King’s Dark Tower series. I’ve been enjoying the audiobook versions so far :slight_smile:

I’m currently reading the Temeraire series by Naomi Novik. They’re pretty short reads, so I’m averaging about a book a day. Made it to book 6 Tongues of Serpents, and really enjoying it so far.

Just finished the 9th and final book, League of Dragons. Really going to miss the series. Thinking of starting the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher next.

The Dresden Files are amazing! I’m sad that I’m a caught up :frowning:

You read all 16 books? That’s impressive. I finished the 1st book and I’m loving it! Are any of Jim Butchers other books as good as the Dresden Files? I think it’s called the Codex Alera?

I read all of those too! They were also very good. As is The Aeronauts Windlass which is the first book in his new The Cinder Spirits series. Unfortunately, The Aeronauts Windlass was the only one released in that series last time I checked, so you may want to hold off on reading that one. I’m a bit irked that I have to wait for him to finish the next book :laughing: I want more :joy:

May favourite books are the simon scarrow eagle series which is roman military fiction, it’s a fantastic series of books. He also wrote the a quintet of books about napoleon and the duke of Wellington which is definitely worth a read if you’re interested in that time period.

I’m currently reading the Robert Fabbri “Vespasian” series. Gripped straight away and I’m on the 8th book within 3 weeks of starting the series.