Hi all – alright, circling back with some updates about the 2021 Poll: Top 10 Community Ideas thread that we launched in December. I will be sharing with you the current status of things – with the scope of this thread being: what PG is working on this quarter (Jan-March/April).
- Open Multiple Chests at Once - We are in the middle of testing this and we are somewhat confident that this will be implemented this quarter, hopefully sooner than later. No timeline that we are ready to share yet, but I can say that we are nearly finished testing.
- Allow for a “real” trading post - trade resources for other resources - While we appreciate this idea, this is not something we can commit time to right now. Mostly because we are unsure of how it will affect the economy, which needs a major overhaul anyway – by adding some new factor to the economy, that makes overhauling the economy much more difficult. There is no timeline or goal in place that has this idea existing as a priority.
- Rework Chest Contents - This is another issue affected by the underlying economy work we are doing. Until we get the economy all sorted out, we won’t be looking at Chest Contents.
- Reduce Temple Raid Guardian Grind by Raid Button/Auto Resolve - We are actively working on this now – and it is part of our Q1 Initiatives (our current quarter) – hopefully we can get this implemented by the beginning of April.
- Introduce a glory-based Atlas event in lieu of the Primarch event - This is one of our top Atlas priorities for this quarter!
- Scale Atlas Rider Mission Payouts per token balloon upgrades - This is not on our road map, currently. Again, likely affected by general economy overhaul that is ongoing.
- Atlas Defense Banner - More Info - This is a low priority task for Q1 – which means that it’s on our list, but there are a lot of things that are higher priority than it for the team working on it. When we do get to it, the update will likely be part of a larger Atlas update.
- Improve catch-up mechanisms so new/growing/casual players have incentive to keep playing - instead of buying/trading accounts - While we are not working on explicit catch-up mechanics, we are working on features that have shown to keep new players around longer – like better team search and communications functions. So, yes we are working on this, but this isn’t the route we are taking. There are no plans to work on “catch-up” mechanisms right now.
- Remove Kingdom Wars permanently from PVP rotation replace with old KOTH - Investigate KOH - The first part of this is done, KOTH’s return is a low priority investigatory to-do, but we are launching the new event, Crystal Caves, as a replacement.
- Find a way to reduce Atlas Stagnation (allow us to get to hiding teams without bubbling noob teams that can’t fight back) - Super high Atlas team priority for this quarter.
So, those were the top 10 Community Ideas, while we can’t get to all of them for some of the reasons I mentioned, we are able to hit many of them. Of course, we had our own ideas for 2021 - so here’s what else we are working on this quarter and beyond:
- New event, Crystal Caves
- Event performance live testing protocol
- Improving support for engineering (leading to more stable gamestates)
- Reducing hits to our servers, in hopes to reduce lag
- Revamping Rider design to make them more interesting strategically
- Customization features/new dragon skins
And more that I can’t touch upon just yet. With regards to above bullet points, do not ask me to expand upon those – when I’m able to, I will. As per usual, everything is subject to change without warning, but this at least gives you an idea where our heads are at right now!