4.0 Update and Tower Balance Changes

They will pick players for that subset like they picked the winner for the best WD video.

At the end of the day this should be (if any) a super elite group of ppl who fully understand the game from beginning to end game.

Everything else will, as you said, be another game breaking experience caused by winsome and playful noobs who believe to understand the game.

Yea I don’t expect you to try and find data that isn’t there but I definitely noticed my farms and level 39 farms I attack to be a bit easier when the great nerfdate happened

Lmfao, that’s funny right there… and it just got sad :sob:

I would hope they are smart enough to get a representative sample of players for the whole game. It would not be that hard.

If we assume true randomness, and we assume 100k players, accept a 5% margin of error, a 95% confidence level, and a 20% response rate, then about 2,000 truly randomly selected players need to be asked/included. Of those 2000, only about 400 need to actually respond or be included. For any population size over 20,000, the numbers do not change much.

If we break the population down, either by league or by level segments, the sample can be smaller.

This all assumes true randomness in the selection.

(Yes, I am aware computers cannot be truly random, but they can be close enough that it would be acceptable.)

No I think it should be elite players from all levels. There are many players who are just as knowledgeable as older players in lower levels. See luffy for example. I’ll add myself here too. We need a cross section of views not just end game.

They won’t…if I know PG they are going to poll Gold League and Instagram haha.

I got a like. Does that mean I’m in? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: @PGCrisis

Hm… you may be right… I could have read them incorrectly :thinking: The way I read them was they had a right to change anything without notice going forward, but not what was already bought… I can see what you mean as well by the fact that the direct purchase of the rubies, etc you do get, but then there is the matter of intent…
I’m very impatient to see what the dept. says about this… however they ARE students so God-knows how long this will take.:see_no_evil:
I’m now just hoping from PGCrisis’s statement that they really WILL take our opinions into their decisions from now on… im so hesitant to buy or spend energy and time on things in this game anymore :pensive::anguished:

It means you’e on the right track! :wink:

Maybe you misread what I said. I said a group of elite who know the game from beginning to end game.

That means a mix of hardcore players of all tiers.

What do I know what a warrior flier wants in game? What do I know what a new player expects when (s)he enters the game.

It just can’t be endgame experience also not only noob experience.

What does a low or medium tier player know from endgame gaming?

If this group should be a success this can’t be a popularity contest or a gimme gimme gimme contest this needs to be a highly selective process with application and what not.

Ah apologies Warlord - I was obviously thinking you meant end game :+1:

I would like to throw my hat in for it too xd

They can change whatever they choose to. What we buy applies only to things paid for with real money (rubies, chests, etc… anything in the value pack).

Edit: For context, Jared was responding to the outrage when the Season dragons were redone and Kinnarus was made what she is now. Many players had already spent sigils on other dragons based on the initially advertised dragons. Changing them mid-stream made Kin the obvious choice for those who would not be getting all the dragons (most players). But those who had chosen other than Kin were rather upset (Yes, Borgian turned out to be pretty good too, but that is not really the point.)

because its largely dependent on

1. the quality and size or the test pool
  2. the resources provided
  3. pg listening

@PGCrisis they had the AshenVale alliance which got shut down when Joseph left
bring it back using experience players who understand the games mechanics

I also think you need a good mix of whales, medium spenders and light/none spenders at the different player levels to get the best picture.

I would also be interested in being involved with helping PG gather player feedback and info @PGCrisis. I do love a good mechanics discussion.

@Warlord thats why i didnt bother with the video contest.

@PGCrisis @PGDave
Personally, and from my experience communally, the oop’s we messed up recompense has never left anyone satisfied or feeling that pg really understands the vast uproar that is caused by their mistakes. The common response I have seen is that it’s almost an insult. So in light of that here’s a suggestion for the “apology gift”.
10%
This game is a community game where lasting friendships are formed and to be honest real life relationships quite often come second compared to those that have been developed here. I have friendships going bavk three years in this game that I truely treasure. This is the only reason I am still playing amid all of the frustration due to the errors and glitches of the past. This giant nerf however has put me and many others close to the point of no return. I have almost deleted it several times since the 4.0 was released.
If you truly want to express to your player base that you feel our angst then give back 10%. Take the total money invested by each player and credit us 10% of that in value packs. For example player x has spent $500 in the game so they receive a $50 value pack. Begin it with a $10 pack minimum and cap it at a $1000 in packs and let us know that you desire to keep our business. Each persons apology would be in direct correlation to what they have invested into the game. Release the next tier 3 months early so this doesn’t hit your earnings as hard and move forward with greater attention to detail so we don’t end up right back here in two months. To put it in a semi humorous vein you get to eat sirloin for the next couple of months instead of prime rib and lobster to ensure that we continue to pay your checks and you don’t have to start over then it’s right back to finer dining. The “gift” would be invested directly back into the game and would most likely have the side effect of people spending even more than before. Jumping up in power quickly instills the desire to jump again and again and again so in my opinion it would work out to be a win win in the long run. I have really enjoyed this game and community for these last three years and I hope for that to continue. Thanks for your consideration.

$10 minimum isn’t bad but you’re living in fantasy land if you think anyone is getting gifted more than $100 pack in rubies. That may even be fantasy land. Would it be great, yea. And it would solve a lot of problems in the relationship customers have with PG, but they don’t care that much.

Face the truth it will be

2 gold chests
400 tokens
2 x 12h timers
3 x 3h timers
125 sigils

And a 160ish posts long

THANK YOU PG thread :smile: