4.0 Update and Tower Balance Changes

Given the severity of this particular “oops,” which could have been avoided in many ways, one of which is just following normal development procedures, I hope you are not right.

Given the number of apology gifts I have received in my time, both personally and when we all got them, I fear Warlord is not far from the mark.

But, I will hope he is not right until the gift arrives and doubt is removed.

(Man, some of us old timers sound like we suffer battered person syndrome or something).

Lol whats sad is id be happy with that…but i refuse to ticket for a handout or compensation for even a justified reason. The frustration of when they respond with an automated response that literally has absolutely nothing to do with my claim is enough to send me into a rage. My next response gets the ticket closed immediately lol

Why do you gotta be assuming that just because some of us are old that we are also a person? That’s personist, and I won’t stand for it! :joy:

Well, I didn’t want to be sexist and use the actual term. :man_shrugging:

Darn those people. We need more bots. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think we should do this.

We need more stability in the game, and the best way to do that is to ensure that dragons always win.

Always.

@PGCrisis @Arelyna

I think you all need to have a “team of teams” meeting to be sure that not everyone is off doing his or her own thing.

The game is about to fly apart in your (PG’s) hands, and some teams appear to think we needs to start juggling balls of nitroglycerine while on a unicycle jumping through hoops of fire.

I think maybe we need to press the pause button for a moment and ask, “How did we get here?” and “Where are we going?” and “What is the best was to get there.”

But that’s just a suggestion.

I think what you’re suggesting is that they operate like a business. I think that may remove some of the room you left up to interpretation

I guess be careful what you wish for…:frowning:

And here I thought this company was full of Microsoft prodigies😂

I don’t know what is going on right now.

I think if the game were programed on an Etch-a-Sketch, someone just picked it up and started shaking it.

Make it stop.

Slow down and think for a minute, maybe two.

What happens to a flywheel when it spins beyond its design capacity? You should look. It is rather interesting. Everything is fine. And then, in a moment, it’s not.

Hope there’s an actual way of making sure someone without a head in ye olde ass is representing their level range if that even ever actually becomes a thing. That said, using myself as an example, hope there’s checks and balances to make sure I don’t get to decide what level 80 towers look like. I feel like this is going to end not well

Not to break things up, but this thread is getting huge. I think it still has a purpose, so I will post here if Crisis has any updates.

I am working on some related elements here:

High levels mostly come down to lower leagues because it’s too hard to beat bases in PVP events when people defend overpowerful dark flaks, and to avoid drama caused by trying to win wars against teams that have money players with level 400 bases no one can beat.

I would say high level people come down because they are sick of the game and want to play at a more relaxed pace.

Are the invisible Dark Flak cannons part of the update?

Yea its a New Future which you get when purchasing their 100$ pack just 12 Times.

@PGCrisis

It’s not just the last week …

It’s been the last year or so since PG took over WD …

Seriously???

I understand exponential growth, but I don’t see why it cannot be modified. I mean seriously look at the rate of change, IMO regardless whether it pertains to dragon power or towers, it needs to be drastically reduced. I’m not advocating linear progression but the rate of slope increase per level needs to be reduced significantly beginning at level 42 and higher. From a longevity persepective it currently is absurb.

I think, ideally, it would change.

The trouble becomes one of the correction which is needed weakening bases that already exist. This will, I think rightly, anger players who have spent significant resources, either real or virtual, to acquire a particular level of power.

I really think only a few towers may be overpowered, and many are underpowered or do not really work as I think they were originally intended (based on descriptions). If all towers were properly adjusted at one time and put on similar (or identical with different starting points) curves, not only would progression be greatly simplified, but we would see more diverse defense arrangements, reliance on other towers, and no more “ideal” defenses, since what works well against some dragons would not work well against others. Also, making more towers relevant again would reduce the weakening, since many towers that have not been used would actually be stronger. The net effect is that the game would be more interesting, and there would be no one strategy that is more or less universally seen as acceptable/ideal.

The flip side is that there needs to be more viable dragons of every class and element. I think we all recognize that spell sets make or break a dragon. Certainly, power and HP matter, but not nearly as much as the right combination of spells. This could partly be corrected by allowing for players to forge spells we cannot presently forge. But really, dragons should be revisited, and if any changes are made, runes should be placed back in storage (or just remove all runes for everyone if this change is made–I doubt many would find the inconvenience of redoing runes outweighing the benefit of being able to reclaim rune on dragons no longer needed).

The two issues (towers and dragons) are interlocked. The puzzles must be solved simultaneously. If not, then whatever side is not fixed will be broken (either OP dragons or OP bases).

I’ll post that spreadsheet so those who are interested can see what I did. You will want to look at it on a computer though.

Here is the sheet that shows all my work and how I got the numbers I did.

It is only a possible solution, not even one I consider the best… But but is more scalable than the current growth we are seeing.

Update and "Balance" 4.0 and following