About the word “skill”

I saw lot of posts skills needed to fly , I agree that. But I need more clarification about that. Hunters r good type but problem is ammo . Hunter need lots of skill to fly . I’m wondering if u warring a high lvl base with 3 defenders all r capable of putting lot of hammers on base , how did u do 100% damage using one dragon ? Plus skill u mean using cloak to cut mages to drain rages , vine for use DG, choas before blue mages see u , double or triple sanding like that or another other factors depend on the skill ? I’m practicing hunter , I need to develop my flying skills on hunter type , give suggestions or comments .

Thanks,
Nitha.

I guess basic hunter skill is to know which tower(s) to shot, and how many ammo should we use…
Next is timing to use one ability (e.g. cloak)…
Finally, a combination of multiple ability (combo)

I’m just a hunter newbie too :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

That is a lot of things you are asking for. Maybe narrow it down?

how to become expert in hunter?

Lol, it’s not about soloing a base. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Main thing is study the base before and determine which are the higher level towers you need to take considering their damage and your resists. If you have defensive spell normally the best is to take off blue and some other (most commonly storm or flak)and use it, or just cloak.if it’s offensive prioritize on red I guess. Be always prepared to take some damage occurs.

But there are so many different spell combos and base layouts that a unique recept is impossible!

1 Like

Basic hunter skills:

1. Know how much ammo you got. What’s your total ammo before you run out? Did you do the Hunter ammo research?
  2. Know how many shots it takes to kill a tower of a particular level. Is it 1, 2, 3, more? Biggest mistake I see players do is spray their shots like a machine gun. Remember the Hunter is more like a sniper rifle or a semi automatic. Don’t waste your shots.
  3. Know the base you’re attacking. Plan your run beforehand. What to do if no defender, what to do if there is a defender. Eg. If no defender maybe the best option is to triple shot the front 3 towers of an island then kill the other two after. If defender maybe the best way is to take out the storm plus one more tower then kill the rest.
  4. Know your spells. Cloak? Use it to dodge shots. Sand? Use it to disable key towers. Damage multiplier? Use it at the right time to take out the right towers.
  5. Go slow. Ammo and rage needs to regenerate. Plan go slow parts into your run.

I know the above is generic but keep practising and you’ll get it.

19 Likes

Sometimes teamwork is necessary.
e.g. With Ember, Necryx can take much higher base (some kinds) than if he does it alone…

Does it includes leaving certain towers to build rage, if an assist is expected? :thinking:

2 Likes

Yes. And also which towers you can afford to let live while you regenerate

2 Likes

for beginner, throw away the idea of killing the base 100% using 1 dragon. Some bases you simply dont have enough ammo to destroy every tower because the total of damage hunters can do is a constant.

3 Likes

I would start with checking out @TheRedDelilah’s youtube channel for some great intro to hunter videos such as:
Basics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN4P4u0H_HE
Steal Essence (Gold Hunters and up): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QpgrN4Yvm0
Cloaking part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5rEpo3wzrc
Cloaking part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP7_s79N8Yk

As many have pointed out, hunters are not necessarily meant to clear out an entire base, just set it up. I have one guy on my team who is a level 150 ish with Hau, and is pretty awesome. He has posted videos to our team of taking on some level 300-500 bases with 2 dragons, setting it up with Hau by sanding the crap out of the base, then sweeping up with a level 1 ember or Spindra with enfeeble (thanks @OrcaFrost) .

Only in wars and atlas attacks does it matter to use only one of your dragons for 5 flames. And you should always ask for backup in either case so you fly a hunter to set it up, then have someone else sweep up what you missed. It really means you have to rely on your team and do some planning on a base on how to take it down at times.

For PVP events, you can use 3 dragons and it wont matter the points, hell, I usually use 3 dragons on every run to stack my inner fires.

It takes practice. And you will die a lot trying to master these skills. But in the long run it will pay off.

3 Likes

Don’t you mean enfeeble?

1 Like

Yeah, that. I don’t have Spindra and was going from memory. Fixed.

1. As a starter, practice to kill/disable/sand all mages till the base end with solo hunter. Your hunter should finish with almost 90% health if not 100% :laughing:. Of course undefended base.

2. Almost every hunter has cloak. Target to practice step 1 + final 2 tower kill of every island. Again your hunter should finish with almost 80% health.

3. Once you have expertise of 2. You will know what to do next and you don’t need any further advise. :upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks @Grumpybigbird that really helped me a lot as well.

Last but not least…
If you DO setup the base using sand (vines, etc)
make sure that your assist DO NOT USE dragons with passive summon (kinnarus, aphopet, equestor). If possible, ensure that they use dragon with death gaze…

… bad memories :sob:

6 Likes

There’s one thing I’ve been noticing though, the “blind zone” when flying over a tower has considerably decreased. Now even if you shot almost at the very last moment the towers shoots

Haven’t noticed… Have you changed devices recently?

It depends on which island you’re on and if you’re in core or in atlas. Which island are you thinking of?