Actual issue people had with Kingdom Wars

Alright @PGGalileo @PGLawson

I wanted to bring this to pg’s attention. I don’t think any player had an issue with the gameplay mechanics for KW outside of being stuck next to a big team for the entire event.

The SIMPLEST solution would be to reset the map every day and move teams around.

Personally I don’t recall people having an issue with this event besides their placement (someone please correct me if I’m wrong)

Now every new iteration of KW seems to make it even more difficult being next to a big team. You have to use more resources to take land etc. The crux of the issue has continuously been overlooked by pg.

If you guys want to continue having KW in the pvp rotation I think fixing the issue players actually had with the event would be better than adding in extra mechanics that exacerbate the problem teams already had with the event.

Edit: by doing this you also give smaller players on teams more of a chance to contribute since with every reset they can attack the black bloods again. I think this would increase activity overall during the event.

7 Likes

Or next to “atlas alliance teams”

1 Like

…is to kill the event.

7 Likes

How many times have we suggested that. It seems they’re dead set on keeping it around :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

…thats because they are using the same developers… what if they hire overseas’ developers :grin::wink:, I think they are more capable than the locals :rofl::rofl::rofl:

It is simple, but not a good solution. It would make the event nearly 100% PVE. That’s no fun, either.

They have to come up with a way for teams to be able to move their capitals. Unfortunately, it probably isn’t simple.

It’s good points, though.
Just cap how much/little HP territories can have and move on.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Who flagged this? It is beautiful
(Yeah, it’s off topic, but chunk)

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

One of the negative aspect of KW was also that you keep hitting the same bases from the same teams over and over again. That’s why I like your suggestion (just like I would have enjoyed land reset every season in atlas)

1 Like

I don’t think so. Higher leagues go through the PvE pretty quickly, lower leagues they could just have 1 reset after 2 days or no resets at all. But it does address the luck issue with placement quite well.

That and the fact that most people go straight for the monuments haha. Pvp would start up pretty quickly again. If it seems like too much pve, reduce their health blackbloods have on tiles

4 Likes

The problem with this event is that it’s overly complex and not worth the time/effort. It’s current iteration is bad, really bad. The score where basically determined in the first few hours, due to the massive hp of city’s, no one is going to sit there spending $100(s) just to take one city. Let alone a tile. Bc of that, if you where able to take 2-3 monuments in the 1st few hours, when it was black bloods, your basically set. A secondary problem was the event didn’t seem to work for a lot of players, in the 1st few hours, and due to no reset or cancelation of the event, it’s even worse for us.

2 Likes

Hitting the same bases over and over in an event is not the same as hitting the same bases over and over in atlas. That doesn’t really make sense to me. You have plenty of teams you can hit in atlas. A seasonal shuffle wouldn’t affect that. This event, you get 3-4 teams that you can hit if you’re lucky.

1 Like

Looking back at my post, it doesn’t make much sense to me too :joy: the comparison with atlas isn’t good on that part but I just see a lot of similarities between KW and Atlas. As examples, the most rewarding part is pve only (guards vs monuments) and there is a ton of politics which takes so much time for officers

2 Likes

Hmmm … you are in P2 as well, I know - it took us about a day to clear Blackbloods in our subleague. If we had a daily reset, it would be … another day of Blackbloods. I don’t know about you, but for me flying these Blackblood bases is zero fun.

I’m in Sapphire now actually, and the map was done by the time I woke up in the morning, so about 3/4 of a day at most, including the ridiculous lag when there was much less participation to prevent wasting resources.

Like I said, not all leagues have to have the same reset. Even if the map only reset once it would help teams that had been getting hammered by bad placement for half the event.

I agree with this, so if a map reset was done like suggested several times, it would have to be done in a way that doesn’t mean an excess of PvE islands.

Could either alter health of blackbloods by tier, or could move teams around less per tier

3 Likes

If people don’t want to reconquer all again just make it like atlas shuffle when just move land around with them