So most of us use a breeding path. Either one of the well know one, one that was specially made for us, a less well known path, etc. Whatever the case, I think it would be nice to have the breeding guides available threw the breeding castle. PG has a few guides on its WD website (although they look outdated), so they are ok with sharing them.
I know some people may consider this a quality of life issue, and not care about it much. If that’s the case, just don’t hit any like buttons lol. I realize that creating my idea (especially one part of it) may be hard to program. However, regardless of how important this may be for certainty people or how hard the programming may be, I think it’s a nice idea.
I don’t have the tools to make a visual of my idea, so I’ll try to describe it.
Visual description options for showing the different paths
- I’m thinking they could make it look like research or how they used to do seasonal dragon lines.
- So each line is a different breeding path.
- To see more breeding paths, you scroll down (or to the side).
- Under the Breeding Path tab, you can have a menu on the side where you click the breeding path you want to see. This method may make it harder to compare the different paths.
Visual description within each path
- Make the breeding path look like a family tree,
- It will have branches to show which parents you need.
- Those branches will also show if a dragon needs to get to breedable in order to obtain a new dragon because it will either end without showing any lines coming out of it or it will have a line coming out that leads to another dragon or multiple dragons.
- Dragons would be grouped by color like in research.
- Visual indicators about dragons, so it is easy to see in one place where you are breeding wise:
- Dragons you have breedable would be marked a certain way.
- Dragons that are hatched but not breedable would have a different marking.
- Dragons where you have an egg ready to incubate would have an egg icon on it.
- Dragons eggs that have some fragment can show their percentage of completion.
- Dragons that’s are ready to be breed with also have a unique marking.
- When you click on a dragon, their description with either show up on part of the screen like in research, the whole screen like in the breeding castle, or a pop up like for seasonally dragons. I think I might prefer having the description just on the side like how research is done.
Why I think this would be a good way to visualize the breeding paths
You can compare which dragons are in each path on the same screen. It would also show which dragons you already have for each path. This would be helpful for initially picking a path or if you decided to change paths. I think it would be an easy and fast way to see where you are in your chosen path.
The part I thought would be difficult to program
Allowing us to construct our own breeding path that’s is saved in our breeding castle. This would be used for the specially made paths, lesser known paths, or trying to create your own.
This ability may be helpful if PG decides to change up the breeding combos again.
Options for how to get the different guides in the game
- People can submit their breeding paths to the forums under guides. If PG likes it or it gets enough likes, PG can add it to the Breeding Path tab.
- People can choose to “publish” their paths threw the Breeding Path tab (if they can create the hard to program part mentioned above).
- PG can make it so the path has to be approved before others can see it (to prevent too many duplicate paths or too many paths in general).
- PG can add a search function, so you can look up the name of the guide you want to add to your Breeding Path tab.
I also think being able to see how many extra eggs each path creates for each tier would be nice (and possibly when those extra eggs are created).
Constructive feedback and ideas would be appreciated!