Addressing the long lost memory leak

Is it time, yet, to address this? It got lost in the old forums. Hopefully I don’t throw in some Christmas pics by accident. :wink:

7 Likes

When you see that the game’s max memory usage is more than some phones have… :rofl:

It hit 3.7 GB, so I reported it earlier this month - hope that something gets done.

3 Likes

It’s been almost a year. Just been monitoring mostly for a while because almost got banned from the old forum due to bringing things into light…in the end some moderator even deleted the threads I had with lots of information from players reporting specs. No PG employees ever actually responded to the threads either like this one.

1 Like

Update…I’ll post recent log pics soon.

Excuse the fact that it’s just a camera shot, but my full time job isn’t this…

@PGEggToken Fun times with memory issues

From everything I’ve seen it seems to stem from some textures not being removed from memory when unused. A bit if housekeeping is in need, I think, but I don’t understand why none of the coding team has addressed this since it’s been a plague for about a year…

1 Like

I have the same problem on my phone,. If I play for too long at once, the game eventually slows to the point I cannot play and either totally crashes or Android tells me the game has stopped responding. If I view the logs, I can see thousands of memory errors.

2 Likes

Maybe playing too long is giving you the memory loss?

Nevertheless it’s definitely something you’re going to want to talk to your doctor about :wink:

2 Likes

Maybe playing too long is giving you the memory loss?

Nevertheless it’s definitely something you’re going to want to talk to your doctor about :wink:

It never lasts more than 4 hours.

Edit: Either my joke wasn’t funny or it was too oblique… He told me to see my doctor. :nerd_face: Oh well .I thought it was funny.

2 Likes

I know this rebalancing thing has everyone tied up, but maybe at least a mention that someone from the dev team will maybe, finally, look into it? Lots know it exist.

I wouldn’t say it’s from "playing too long":rofl:.

1 Like

It’s not. Lol. I can see the error start almost from the moment I launch the game. I am just now in the habit of fully closing the game and clearing the cache whenever I am done playing. Takes longer to launch, but the game rarely bloats to enough memory to crash my phone when I do this.

2 Likes

A year of habitually force closing the game when a little bit of lag starts so we don’t get screwed and crash in the middle of a super attack or worse and lose everything deserves some attention I suppose.

I’m sure this thread will need a bump from time to time; since there is no longer a bug discussion section…

1 Like

Bump… @PGJared

I’m willing to work with you guys on this. I’ve said it a year ago. I had a thread opened relating to this on the old forums. Why is it nobody from PG ever responds to these type of threads?

1 Like

Pretty concerning, hopefully we can get an answer

probably because memory errors look scarier than they are :rofl:

Right. It shouldn’t be an enormous task to go tidy up some buggy or incomplete code that’s a year old to keep the GPU memory useage in check. I mean most IDEs will practically find the leaks for you if all the available tools are used.

1 Like

No response still. Bump please

1 Like