Aggressive topic closures

Why is something like https://forums.wardragons.com/t/long-time-addicts-are-pulling-out-well-done-pg closed? I didn’t see anything particularly offensive or abusive in it. I admit PG probably doesn’t want to hear the message but if that causes closure then you’ll force us all to use other forums. This is just the most recent of a couple I would have liked to comment on only to discover somebody had shut them down.

6 Likes

Makes you wonder how people should get their point across. A sensible developer would hold those topics open so they could see where their player base believes they’re going wrong, surely?

6 Likes

Be careful, you might be ban for saying something negative about them. :rofl:

1 Like

Beware of the Powerful Ones… :eyes:

1 Like

In before this gets shut down as well.

Seems PG can’t handle being told they’re doing things wrong and just want to silence those who point it out.

They say we’re not being constructive, I say they can’t handle criticism

Aaaaannnnnnnnnndddddd it closed.

I think this is BS b/c pg is literally shutting us up. They’re headquarters are in one of the most progressive cities in the US where we pride ourselves in freedom of speech. PG can Improve by listening to our complaints, responding appropriately and letting us know how they plan to fix it. Instead they just come in and shut us down @Arelyna @PGCrisis @PGDave @PGCoffee give us customer player experience support on our grievances or lose player support

6 Likes

Well, it is their forum.

But to be clear, I do think some things should be talked out rather than shut down.

3 Likes

And it’s our platform for sharing our ideas—as the PLAYERS—as to how to improve the game. I do not believe that shutting down every thread that has even mild criticism is fair to us. :t_rex:

2 Likes

Yes it is their forum, but selectively locking threads that are critical is just bad PR for a company. Sends the wrong message about their perspective of their player base.

Trying to get my comment in before THIS thread is closed :rofl::rofl:

I dont understand why neither PG nor the players who post here ever learn.

PG always closes complaint threads, lately very aggressively, which only makes them look like dog crap and emphasizes how much they just DGAF.
At the same time, players never learn that PG is going to close their threads. This discussion could be taken off of the wardragons forum into a third party site where PG has no control.

But yet for some reason no one ever learns and its just a giant pissing contest between PG and a few dozen players.

4 Likes

Perhaps some know this? Seems like letting PG do what they do is a way to play the same game. Maybe.

Maybe it will be closed, maybe not. Either way, I’d like to see a response to the original question.

PG form letter response (summarized)

“When and if we want to tell you something, we will tell it to you”

4 Likes

The sad thing is all of this is true but as people have said many, many times PG DGAF. And the more they do this the more they are proving us right.

1 Like

It’s rather : “we are aware of the issue and will report it to the developers…” with no fix ever

3 Likes

Giving a response and then closing the topic instantly is just asking for trouble. Forums are a discussion, they require back and forth. Not Q&A

1 Like

This thread is soon to go too :cry:

Please remember that we are also well within our rights to close topics. We do leave threads open for feedback all the time.

There is, however, a difference between continually posting about why PG sucks and giving feedback about how we can improve things.

For example, saying “PG only does what they want” is not really contributing anything here that we, as PG, can act upon or pass on. Saying “I think this is bad b/c x, y, and z” is a much better way to get things that we can actually pass on when we explain to the team what needs to be fixed.

We try to be as communicative as possible with y’all, but there are things being worked on to address many of the concerns that players have brought up, such as progression and XP scaling (yes, I know we say this all the time).

2 Likes