An Entirely Community Created Rider - Oksana, the Dread Hunter

Meet Oksana, the Community Created Dragon Rider!

Oksana has come a long way from that day in October 2017 when the Dragons Community team hosted a livestream with one of our Dragons artists, Johannes, to create a new Dragon Rider for the Spring 2018 Season. After she was created, we showed her to the community to get suggestions on her name and lore. Then, it was back to the community to vote on the top 10 names. The winning name, subtitle, and lore for Oksana were submitted by Sacha1976. Now, this community created rider is coming to the game on Wednesday, March 21st!

Oksana's first page of her Seasons branch will be discounted by 50% for two weeks. The first 28 prizes of the branch will contain all of the rider shards needed to get her to her max level of 50. The second half of her branch holds her "Dragonfire Armor" set, which she dons before aiding dark dragons, such as Avyx and Necryx, in battle. While she can provide a power boost to any dragon without wearing her armor, when she wears the Dragonfire set, she can only ride upon dark dragons.

OKSANA

The Dread Hunter

War Dragons - Oksana

An outcast, a hybrid born from dragon and rider, Oksana moves swiftly through the shadows of the forest. Her dragonfire bow ready at her side to launch poison tipped arrows into the hearts of any who dare threaten her sanctuary. She is the Dread Hunter of the night, maker of her own justice when all else have forsaken her.

Skill Tree:

Skill Decription Skill Points Needed Skill Level Limit Buff per Level Total Buff Gain
Dragon Attack
Increase Dragon attack 1 5 0.6

Dragon HP  Increase Dragon HP 1 5 0.2 1
Dragon Attack Increase Dragon attack 1 5 0.2 1
Dragon HP  Increase Dragon HP 2 5 0.2 1
Dragon XP Gain Increase Dragon XP gain 2 5 1 5
Dragon Training Decrease Dragon training cost 2 5 -1 -5
Dragon Attack Increase Dragon attack 2 5 0.6 3
Totem Debuff Resist Decrease enemy totem debuff 3 5 -0.8 -4
Dragon HP  Increase Dragon HP 5 5 1 5
Archer Tower Resist Increase resist against Archer Tower 5 5 2 10
Ice Turret Resist Increase resist against Ice Turret 5 5 2 10
Dragon Attack Increase Dragon attack 5 5 1 5

OKSANA'S DRAGONFIRE ARMOR SET

Gear Element: Dark

Gear Modifiers:

Gear Name Modifier Buff Gained by Armor (%)
Dragonfire Vitality Boots Dragon HP 1.8
Dragonfire Battle Plate Dragon Attack 1.8
Dragonfire Vitality Gloves Dragon HP 1.8
Dragonfire Battle Helm Dragon Attack 1.8
Dragonfire Vitality Pants Dragon HP 2.6
Dragonfire Battle Ring Dragon Attack 2.6
Dragonfire Vitality Shield Dragon HP 3.8
Dragonfire Battle Bow Dragon Attack 3.8

MORPHOS KNIGHT PORTRAITS

Oksana's branch will also contain portraits of the Morphos Knight, which is an evolving portrait version of Oksana. 

Portrait 1

Portrait 2

Are you excited to meet Oksana? Which of your Dragons will she bond to? Let us know in the comments!

[Cross-post from the War Dragons Blog]

New Dragon Rider Oksana - Necryx
What are the stats for oksana’s armor?
Springveil Stream Notes + Kingdom Wars

So assuming we can get all the hp and attack from the skill tree we get:

Rider: +7% hp / +12% att
Armor: +10% hp / +10% att

Seems like a pretty good rider to me, about on par with Grogg if I’m not mistaken, but a little more attack-focussed. Since I missed out on Grogg, I’m certainly picking this one up. Should give Avyx some extra punch, even gives some extra ice resist as a bonus.

Pretty disappointed. I was hoping this was going to be a defensive rider. Oh well wish in one and and &*^% in the other and see which one fills up faster.

:eyes: damn. Wonder how that worked.

just remember donkey from shrek

I don’t think we want to know… Hopefully it involved some sort of magic gone awry instead of what I initially pictured :persevere:

Edit: In the lore I came up with for the name I submitted she was a rider of a dragon and black magic fused the dragon’s soul with her own soul, causing her to become what she is now.

That lore is a lot more interesting than me imagining Grogg as her father

i’m still waiting on an other element grogg was already dark

Oksana vs Grogg
assuming stats below can be maxed

• Attack: +12% vs +9.5%
  • HP: +7% vs +10%
  • Training: -5% vs -3.5%
  • XP: 5% vs 8.2%
    • possibly a little more on Grogg - messy due to Rider XP getting converted to Dragon XP far later on
  • Heal Time: 0% vs -10% (though I’d just use a heal pot anyway, so… :rofl:)

Remember that the element is on the gear. A gearless/naked rider can go on any element.

I like that. :rose:

The imagery I got was … the daddy must’ve been human. :woman_facepalming:

Lol, same with what I initially pictured. Given the size of the dragons in this game, the other way would never work :woman_facepalming:t2:

Interesting. Thanks for laying it out for us.
I will definitely have to think a bit before deciding which dragon to put her on…
I think a hunter might be best?

Another dark rider… why?

You could ignore the armor and forge your own in Atlas once you get it. But I am looking forward to another set of dark armor, assuming I actually go for the armor instead of the second hunter. I’d like an armored rider for Avyx and I don’t have Atlas yet.

Does the second portrait move?

Why pg always take a turn on a momentum.

Fire Set Rider?
Earth Set Rider? Hellooo?

:tipping_hand_man:t3:

Full Grogg + his gears ==> +20% HP / +19,5% ATK
Anyway, what do u think guys, should i focus on Nollaig ( already finished Aibrean) and then Corthanak OR Nollaig and Oksana ?? im explained ??
i have Grogg full armor / Kayla + a complete dark armor / and a shitty Hunter Rider from Atlas

in your position, I would get the first page of Oksana while she is discounted if you can. Then if you have enough I would go for the mythic sorc instead of her armor. But for now- don’t spend any more sigils after you buy the first page of Oksana. Save them up and see if you have enough to get all the way through the mythic sorc before you commit to Nollaig. Plus, the new hunter or sorc might be even better than Nollaig…

ok thx, im going for Corthanak and fuck off Oksana XD discounted or nor

Why pass up a 3.1k sigil rider that will always be relevant?