An uneven playing field

Atlas is totally skewed to cater to the top Diamond teams. The big teams had access to Atlas a year before anyone else. They built up millions of troops and seized all available land. Other teams were thrown in the mix about a month ago, given a couple of weeks to learn the new game play, build troops and were then thrown to the wolves. Rather than starting with an even playing field, we are forced to compete with teams that hold 99% of the land and troops by virtue of their head start. Players are forced to spend in an attempt to try to remain competitive. Oh and by the way, your level means nothing when some low level player with thousands of troops attacks you.

3 Likes

So just to clarify, only the top diamond teams? And only the “big wallets” had Atlas a year before everyone else?

Shall we look at the teams in Atlas who had early access?

Please do, it wasnt just diamond. I agree there are balance/mechanic issues though. But proper facts help as well.

1stNightFury

AbandonAllHope

AncientsAscent

AtariOverload

BetWeAreButter

Brothersasylum

CharredRunes

DarkAsylum

DarkChoices

DarkLords

DarkWinds

DeadlyChaos

Demolishers

DHaranEmpire

DigitalChaos

DragonCorps

Dragongasm

DragonsCreed

Dreadnought

Dsylexic

Fortified

Freeplayers

FriendsnFamily

GhostLeaders

HotTubParty

JAPANeeeeZE

JDMSociety

Juggernauts

LastShadows

LeagueofSouls

LethalSquad

MADHATTERS

mem0ries

MoxiFanClub

Moxxie

MysticWarriors

NoMercyOrder

Outlaws

PeaceNLove

PhoenixReturns

Ref0rged

Russia

SantoDracones

Siege

Sithdragons

Strikers

TexasFireballs

TheBros

TheEmpire

TheOriginals

TheRainbowRoom

Yautjaprime

Not ALL of these teams were Diamond, but most were

Not sure about the timeline but definitely not D1 and some came up after, but also…what should work, Atlas comes out and suddenly a better team shouldnt beat a worse team?

So for the sake of ease…50 teams, if we go by D1 teams: 7/50 = 14%…not sure I would call that most, then you said “top” Diamond teams, so lets say "top is what? 5 teams in D1? that would then become 3, so 3/50 is now down to 6%.

2 Likes

To clarify, 1NF didn’t get selected in the first batch of Beta. We got it in the second or third selection (not long before it turned into Atlas and added to all D1 and D2 teams).
And not all teams in Atlas are in Diamond league. There’s a mix of Platinum, Sapphire and so much more in the batch.
And we can see that new team with big spenders can catch up very fast in Atlas. Look at Harlem420 or TaiwanWonder for example.
And imagine if Atlas was given to lower league first, and Diamond teams got it later, what would happen if for say, Dreadnought (sorry for picking on your team here @Panda), bought lots of troops and went on a rampage for GP? That’s even worse. They could kill everyone on their path and claim all of your existing lands. You’d think the situation would be better?

2 Likes

We always get picked on :sob:

I agree there are balance issues and things have been stated, I just think how this was presented doesnt really make sense.

2 Likes

The issue is that they should of done the beta with no spending options, then a fresh restart with diamond to plat having access around the same time. But you cant change the past :smirk:

So the Diamond teams like Dreadnought, NoMercyOrder, GhostLeaders, Russia etc, do not hold the majority of the land and did not get an advantage?

Teams NOT in diamond and werent in the beta also hold land so…

Russia was added later on when it’s opened to D1 and D2 teams

1 Like

Well then I guess I am wrong and this is an even playing field

Its more just fact checking

To quote Mel Brooks “It’s good to be the king!” huh Panda?

Possibly but just saying…facts being correct or not is irrelevant to that. I am agreeing there are balance issues but using facts that are wrong to support it doesn’t make sense.

3 Likes

What facts are wrong? I have agreed that not ALL teams in beta were Diamond. I said Diamond and wallet warriors in beta have an unfair advantage by their one year headstart.

Most isn’t true

So what about the “big wallets” that did not and are doing okay as well as those who aren’t “big wallets” that had access to the beta? You are also level 357. Aren’t you a big wallet by some standards?

I don’t have the exact stats but 99% is almost the entire map. There are plenty of non-diamond and non-beta teams so I find it hard to believe that all their land combined amounts to 1%

What you consider a “wallet warrior” at 357 a bit hypocritical maybe? and the time advantage are two completely separate things…

1 Like

I guess the bigger issue are the alliances versus new teams are going unknown.

For example there are huge lands where many teams have land, but probably they are all together and you dont know. So anyway if for example there are 20 teams and 2-3 others at a area , for the 20 you 2-3 are all target and there you are going to die at short or long period… and that waste of rss make people to not want to play much.

Then the next issue starts when alliances dont attack eachother because of range or respect, or dont want to risk a all out battle… Then again the few other teams which are greatly undernumbered are for all targets.

Without land you cant really safe much gold , with land you can… you cant really restore your strenght as they can …
Actually its not a D1 problem or dread or nmo… its more of the huge amount of enemies at once.

I just remember when we was in Saphir 1 there were teams who was allied even in league… when we war 1 of them , you got attacked by 3 teams at all… When one was your equal, you was pointed in a very unfair position… Now this is very similiar…

You can be the best flier, or mightiest warrior,… but outnumbered its not fun…
Actually me and my team think again where we should attack…

And the problem is… short or long period we have to clash anyway with someone big…
Before i forgett… A different issue is that Gold stuff… teams who are alone are hunted for that gold and farmed…

How ever i look at this Atlas thing… its going to be out of control, or out of purpose !

(Not replying to Em)

Are you aware that there are 900 odd additional pieces of land that was added AFTER beta?

Or that when beta launched, and through the majority of its existance, there was only one diamond league? So essentially there were 7/8 Diamond teams out of the 50 teams in beta?

But hey who needs facts when we can make up numbers.

Would you like some cheese with that?

1 Like