Android Only - Backend Performance Improvements Official Discussion Thread

Please ask questions and discuss about the Android Only Performance Improvements here.

3 Likes

Any way to know whether we’re affected?

sounds like there’s going to be a lot of new features… or bugs, whatever you’d like to call them

7 Likes

I hope this will fix the issues during the defense.

3 Likes

Would be nice if it fixed the first 20 seconds of hyper speed when joining attacks or defends. Also would be nice if the lighthouse could be hit once you’ve turned the corner onto the last island

1 Like

Another update :grimacing: soon to be followed by :cry::angry::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Not just nice but would be awesome!

3 Likes

Can I please be one of them? Since you know I spent two months constantly being kicked? Collect eggs. Kicked. Tap on farm. Kicked. Look at screen - black screen of death.

Nice step forward PG! This is one of the bigs first steps I wanted to see happen but stopped believing. Even though I’m now on IOS it’s good to see you want to assist the poor android user. This will surely benefit the whole community :clap:

2 Likes

Here’s hoping the Android / War Dragons experience can suck quite a bit less!

Any information such as the things these back end fixes will improve? Any information regarding which devices are getting the roll-out?

2 Likes

I have teammates who cannot play again because of the problem of updating their LG, it would be a pleasure to have them back, I hope this can solve it for everyone

1 Like

I got this update last night and ever since I downloaded it, I can barely log into the game. At first it was just Atlas, attacking a normal base or defending that my game would crash after about five seconds of loading in. I submitted a ticket and the “fix” I was told to try made it worse where the entire game will crash more often than not upon loading into my base. The reply I got to that was that I was playing on an LG, restart the game again and no real way to fix the issue :frowning: It seems with each update over time, problems are getting worse for Andriod users verses becoming better. Is there anyway PG can get some of those devices in and start testing on them before releasing things?

3 Likes

Maybe PG doesn’t want us. Maybe they’re androphobes.

2 Likes

“Yeah so what is this Android thing… Ah that mobile operating system with 75-80% percent global market share. We should ignore it.”
Sounds like PG to me.

4 Likes

So, I’m Android and have received the update, I believe. A few days ago an extra file was downloaded when I opened Atlas.

Here are a few things I’ve noticed in Atlas

1. The entire game lags now when I focus the Atlas map on Aligane, even if I don’t have a Prim there.
  2. When attacking in Atlas, the wall between island 5 and 6, has a delay before it can be targeted. Not a big issue for hunters, but sorcerer has a hard time hitting it before the turn is made.
  3. There seems to be just a slightly longer delay to initiate and attack, the load screen (white with dragon flying), seems to take a just a little longer now.

So my question is what exactly did this Android only update hope to accomplish? @Arelyna can we get more details on this update?

3 Likes

I have not applied the patch. Just too scared. I’ll “upgrade” when I’m forced and have no choice. Who knows what was changed? I don’t.

Don’t trust it for one second.

1 Like

I did not “Apply the patch”. I simply had a new file download when I opened Atlas one day.

Maybe the file was not this patch, but I have noticed things a bit different since that file was downloaded.

Ah got ya. I have not noticed new Atlas file downloads recently but if it happened before my coffee, it could have slipped past. Right now my game is somewhat stable, subject to the usual sync errors, timeouts, etc. that are simply part of the servers not scaling to meet demand.

3 Likes

My game is fairly “stable” as well, I’m just pointing out a few things that have changed recently, and would like to get more details about the changes they made.

3 Likes