April Forum Contest: Happy Anniversary WD!

Same :joy:

Alright, my entry is here. This is inspired to the military dragons family, Hantu, Amarok and Dazing. In every royal court we have soldiers, Knights, Kings and this should represent one of the missing links in the family, the Executioner.

His name is Azi Dahaka, the Executioner dragon, rided by an undead executioner dragon rider called Thanatos, wielding a devil haunted axe and ready for make justice between dragon lords.

Every time this dragon flies, is 100% victory, food and lumber aren’t safe in opponent bases, once raided, the dragon is pretty generous and will never makes the team mates miss resources.

Now you’re wondering why there’s a Jaguar in the scene… Well, this is my signature, Panthera onca is the scientific name of the Jaguar.

Now for a better view of the whole stuff is here a link to the sketchfab website where the scene is uploaded, offering you a complete view in 3d of it.

Happy and good “Draconiversary”, War dragons team!

This is gold right here

Some mindblowing stuff man ! Kudos ( hats off ) to your creativity and skills :bowing_man:

thx, what means Kudos?

Kudos => congrats (congratulations)

I was going to write a short story to go with this, but then I realized I could only submit one entry. So, since the picture is done and the story is not, I’m posting the picture instead.

Aetrix may be the worst Sorcerer in Red tier, but I’ve always thought his design was really cool. The title of the piece is ‘Still Watching’. The context behind it is supposed to be that Aetrix was left on perch duty and now his master has forgotten him–just like we all tend to forget about our older dragons when we get shiny new ones. Even after days alone on the perch, the dragon still stands, faithfully watching over his master’s kingdom.

I wanted to capture both the beauty of the dragon and his loyalty in this shot, and maybe make you all think a bit as well. Take a moment to remember your old friends from earlier tiers, even if they’re no longer strong enough to fight at the level you’ve reached.

I hope you enjoy!

Well this was an adventure of its own kind. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Should I have added some deeper stuff here? Oh well, I guess I’m sort of curious to see if this work can stand on its own, without words. Meow.)

I love the detail in the armor :open_mouth: Awesome job! :t_rex:

This is utterly amazing. I tried drawing Aibrean but kinda gave up when I couldn’t get his talons right.
I love it. I hope you win man that’s just respect. You gotta teach me how to paint like that!!!

:kissing_heart:

My first time trying stop motion animation. :joy::joy:

Very creative, looks great for your first time.

(“Please don’t sue” :joy: )

Can I send also a picture for the contest on Friday?

I don’t see why not. Usually the deadline is sometime in the afternoon on the last day of the contest. (For the past two creative contests, the dead line cut off for entries has been at around 5 pm Pacific time.)

Okay, so I did Sage. I like the way he looks, particularly how the colors work together. That, and when you fly him, you can feel all powerful and zap your targets with lightning :hugs:

Since I love drawing comic pages and graphic novel type stuff, I decided to go with that style. This was all done in colored pencil and a touch of ink. All of this was done by hand, including the font. References were used, but this was all my hard work. Enjoy!

And I put together a fun little scenario comic clip. Cheers! And Happy Anniversary, War Dragons!

i thought about skylanders when i saw this :smirk::roll_eyes:…isnt that spyro

That’s so cool ;-; :heart: Must’ve taken so much time too. How did you map out all the words so you could make a dragon out of them later? Also I wish I knew how to use white paint like you use it :joy:

it’s actually Spyro, precisely the model from “The legend of Spyro, a new beginning”.

Didn’t they put spyro in skylanders?

Thank you!!! ;-; I honestly had no idea what would happen with this whole thing, I’m sooo glad to have some positive response, especially since whenever my own dear mother walked past she’d just look horrified. :laughing: Guess it looks scary to her.

Oh, that’s always sad :c Coincidentally I struggled with tonsils too until I watched someone more experienced draw them. That’s one very efficient way to learn. Meow, maybe I’ll visit you in your dream as my purple meowing ball -self and you’ll gain limitless knowledge of the universe. (?)