Hi, I have a suggestion that is related to a bug in Atlas. I need to thoroughly explain the situation because I have experienced this multiple times now and the support staff did not believe me. I will sketch the situation, what exactly is happening, and then make the suggestion.
- Primarch 1 sits in RZ
- Primarch 2 is incoming into RZ
- Primarch 2 reaches RZ, the primarch is shown as ‘on’ the castle rather than next to the other primarchs
- Primarch 1 is capable of attacking primarch 2 at this stage
- Primarch 1 attacks Primarch 2
- Then primarch 2 goes from ‘on’ the RZ to ‘at’ the castle, next to the other primarchs
- This is when Primarch 2 becomes capable of attacking primarch 1.
- Primarch 2 attacks Primarch 1
- Primarch 1 finishes his run BEFORE Primarch 2
- The attack run of Primarch 1 does not count, he does not kill any troops and does not gain glory. When he finishes his run, there is an eternal ‘loading circle’ at where the glory is normally displayed. This run is a ‘ghost run’ because it started while Primarch 2 was not officially ‘at’ the castles but rather ‘on’ it. The logs do NOT register this run at all.
- Primarch 2 finishes his run, killing Primarch 1
Effect: while primarch 1 was faster in attacking, and finished his run before primarch 2, he loses his troops because the system allowed it to attack and enter a ghost run that the system does not count or register.
Right now, the incoming primarch, or primarch 2 in the example, has a grey attack button as long as he is ‘on’ the castle. His attack button becomes available when the system has properly recognized him as ‘at’ the castle.
Suggestion 1. Make the same possible for the stationary primarch, or primarch 1 in the example. Make their attack button ‘grey’ as long as they click a primarch that is ‘on’ the castle rather than ‘at’ the castle. This will save a lot of people a lot of frustration and less experience of unfairness.
Suggestion 2. If suggestion 1 is technically impossible, please make it altogether impossible to click on a primarch that is ‘on’ the castle rather than ‘at’ the castle. The stationary Primarch can still preview the incoming primarch by going to the castle details, so nobody loses any advantage
- Note that I have multiple occasions where this exact situation played out exactly as described above. No I do not have it on tape, it is however relatively simple to replicate this bug. Please do not bitch at the suggestion if you personally have not experienced this, it is still a bug and this suggestion could still fix the negative effects that this bug gives players
- Note that support crew told me that the attack run of Primarch 1 is NOT registering in their logs at all. Meaning that even when a player is experiencing this bugs and asks for help, they will always be denied because the support crew has to rely on the logs which in this case do NOT record the first run of Primarch 1.
- Note that I am aware that this only happens when you click the Primarch ‘too fast’. Yes, having patience and waiting for the incoming Primarch to properly become ‘at’ the castle will circumvent this bug. This however requires extensive playing to experience and understand, there must be countless of frustrated players that are doing their very best to pay attention and be as fast as possible (as is demanded in Atlas in every other scenario), and experience immense frustration due to this bug.
As always, thank you for reading. Please feel free to share your thoughts.