Gather ‘round the War Table, for we have new strategies at hand. They say a good defense is the best offense, try telling that to a hungry dragon, am I right?
Gone are the days when you’ve just unpacked and all of a sudden you are being violently thrown out by chainmail invaders before you get your favorite tapestries on the walls! “Ugh, Mom! They broke my Jaalkan collector’s edition wine goblet! How can I raise a toast to The Partisan now?”
We hear you.
Anyway, we’ve updated the mechanics around Castle Guards and Castle Defense to make it easier to defend and keep your newly conquered castles.
Here’s what the changes are:
- Conquered castles will now start with level 1 of each infrastructure building
- Previously started with 0
- Castle Guard hiring is now blocked by enemy primarchs if an enemy primarch has over 5k troops
- Previously Castle Guard hiring was blocked if there were any enemy primarchs present
- Increased the troop revive ratio for weaker players that get attacked by stronger players
- The buff is only applied to the defender if the defender is attacked at their team’s or ally’s castle. The buff is scaled by the glory penalty the attacker has. The more glory penalty, the more the revive ratio is buffed. The revive ratio buff is capped at 90%.
We’ll be rolling this out soon, and we’ll keep an eye on how the changes affect the gameplay and continue to tweak as necessary.
Please give the changes some time to take effect so you can fully experience them - and then return to the forums, or submit tickets, telling us what you think.
- The War Dragons Team