[Atlas] Changes to Beast and Gold Mines - Official Discussion Thread

Check out the post here and discuss below!

1 Like

When will shuffle take place tomorrow?
Will we get any information about it today?

3 Likes

I guess this is great stuff. However, everyone cares more for info on shuffle. :beers:

2 Likes

Why not just remove the beasts and only have the goldmine with the shards/etc that beasts give?

I still would refer beast over gold mine
At least you can quit at 70% with beast and get max gold

3 Likes

Beasts give more gold than mines (except in rare cases) - mines are literally outdated mechanisms.

Makes much more sense tweaking spawning for beasts than adding to mines and removing beasts

5 Likes

I choose the mine, because I farm chests by going out of combat by 37%, getting gold in parallel. And now it will be impossible

so for me personally this change disappoints

I actually prefer mines over beats on the grounds of consistency because at least mines stay in one place. If I plan on doing multiple runs, I loathe having to hunt down the next beast location in that area every time. It’s just a waste of time for me.

3 Likes

Looking for a beast on the same area isn’t very time consuming. There will always be someone unhappy with changes but, in this case, the majority of players will be satisfied

6 Likes

I’m not 100% on this, but making coding changes like that could be more complicated than it might seem.

1 Like

Compared to repeatedly clicking in one place, to then having to move from place to place? (Former goes well with that auto-feature)

Sure it isn’t much time, but it still isn’t an enjoyable process, but PG can easily fix this by making the beats stationary. But I think beasts would lose that beast aspect, unfortunately. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

It was said that the beast respawn limit was being removed for the shuffle. 2000 respawns is high, but not removed.

2 Likes

It’s impossible to do 2000 on a day do o assume there had to be a number inserted into the parameters

1 Like

You aren’t going to do 2000 in a day. I imagine the change to 2000 is to simplify coding. Instead of reworking the whole code, you just change the number of resale a to a number no one will ever grind out.

6 Likes

Bet it isnt impossible :nerd_face:

1 Like

With krelos it’s about 48s to completely an invader, assuming that your entire flight stop at 70% and quit so a flight is a bit faster but the transition animation might take some time so it’s around 1 min 30s for those time
(((2000 x 90s ( per run) ) : 60(s) ): 60 (min)= 50 hours
Even if you done 1 run/ minutes it still take around 33.3 hours
So im pretty sure it’s impossible

6 Likes

So it will never run out… great

Math :flushed:

I like this, way more shards than we were getting before and no more traveling castle to castle to get more!

4 Likes

Math is illegal in all 57 states because it’s just a fancy name for witchcraft

10 Likes