Atlas Expansion and Team Rollout! April 2018

Expedite on infrastructure is broken and needs to be fixed before pvp returns or all new castles are sitting ducks for weeks. Reports this days ago, still no fix.

Please let me know what castle name and coordinates that you are experiencing this issue.

Was on Shagland 271 -217
Solved since 11pm pacific last night…an ally said theirs started working. I tried it and it worked too. Three upgrades now expedited.

Three

…there’s a place called shagland?! :joy::joy::joy:

Perhaps I missed this - When does the new ‘land’ become available?

edit: nvm… “roughly 2 weeks” sigh. Serves me right for ‘skimming’

Hi @pgEcho

Can we all please know if the land is scheduled to open on what date, between 17th and 20th April. Assuming, it is about 2 weeks from the safe zone opened.

In case there are some delays, it is understandable, but please let us know in case we have a date for the roll out

Thanks
Slayer

Barring any setbacks the plan is to rollout new land around the middle of next week sometime after the event shields go down.

Next week? That’s not the 2 weeks after the 4.15 release you’d originally said :cry:

Well 4.15 turned into 4.16 too so I guess it all just got pushed back

Uhhh…
8E805343-3347-41D1-B496-41917929C3B7

Right :joy: hard to remember when you have 4 updates back to back

I can see your artistic skill is what led you to the CF

:flushed::hushed::rofl::rofl::rofl: I’m sorry Lutrus but Panda literally made me laugh out loud. :joy:

Continuing the discussion from Atlas Expansion and Team Rollout! April 2018:

So with the teams that weren’t on the list, that should have been on the list, be notified that they are now on the list. Also why aren’t we on the list. Also why weren’t we on the list.

First time I saw someone link back to the same thread without just quoting the relevant bit. I See something new every day I guess.

I’m pretty sure they were notified by having the list updated and a post saying it had been updated. Which isn’t more notification that the original list got.

Fairly sure everyone is aware of atlas was added to their team by now. It’s somewhat difficult not to notice.

Why aren’t you on the list? Were you previously? There was a bunch of sapphire teams that were accidentally left out and when it was noticed it was mentioned that a few of the platinum teams formerly listed were no longer listed

Basically oops a mistake was made. Mistake fixed. Teams had to be changed to accommodate it. 205 teams is the largest add to date which almost doubled the size of atlas.

Not sure what you are hoping for? If you feel you should have been added and were not I’d suggest a support ticket or a PM.

If you were looking for an explanation as to why there was an oops, well… Doubt you will get that. Mistakes happen.

When is the next roll out will happen? I mean when the next time teams will be added to Atlas?

It will probably be months

Atlas population just doubled, let’s wait for things to settle down before another expansion please.

I have heard, that for a price, you can buy protection.

Or hang out in neutral until you have enough troops to make a stab at taking a level 2 from someone who isn’t in an alliance.

Otherwise, the short answer is no. Be ready to grant passage so you don’t become collateral damage. :slight_smile:

To give everyone perspective here, after the expansion and the teams are added:

1. how many total teams will be in Atlas?
  2. How many total level 2 castles will be in the game?
  3. How many level 3? 4? 5?
  4. And teams who already exceed these numbers will be keeping whatever land they have, correct? Or maybe selling it, I suppose. Real estate is always a good investment.

I think the takeaway for all new players in Atlas should be this one part – “they can still destroy you.”
If you are new, you should know that while glory is going to be very important to you, it is substantially less important to more powerful teams/players. It has increased slightly in importance due to changes in how defense works (guards instead of troops), but if these strong teams are not being attacked, they will not need to replace the guards very often. (Yes, I’m also not considering the “team glory,” but until we see the rewards, it is impossible to say if glory has the appeal needed to incentivize hitting your peers.

Is it possible to build any kind of infrastructure in neutral? Can you stockpile the resources you would need to go conquer something and then get even a minimal infrastructure in place so that you could hope to hold it? Level 3 pretty much seems like the absolute minimum for this to even be remotely possible.

Well, this assume you already have at least one castle and some infrastructure. Maybe if you tell everyone what the percentage decrease is with enfeeble for each level, they can determine what level would be needed to defeat a “big” who is double, or triple defended. Usually, if they are trapped (sorry new guys, you won’t be able to trap right away either, but they can trap you–so, you will sit there, on your new land, and be able to do nothing more than defend and die), they are defending themselves as much as possible, so triple defense on the enfeebled prime is rather typical.

While we’re in a numbers-giving mood, maybe we can tell everyone the stats for the different primes? Sure, game level matters, in as much as it makes you’re base a more difficult target, but depending upon the stats of the prime that is attacking or being attacked, you can WIN the battle and still LOSE more troops than the other prime.

Let’s not forget 65s ARE COMING. We have known this for a long time When they do… how will a new team, a team that will obviously NOT have expert riders with legendary gear, have an answer for 65s? And while we’re talking about gear and riders… how will the new buffed gear, which sounds incredibly power (not that there’s a problem with that–I like the variety and potential) factor together with enfeeble? Basically, what will the EFFECTIVE level of an enfeebled base stacked with 65s, perfect buffs (rider, gear and research). and buffs be?

PSA for all new Atlas players

Make friends. Make friends with people who won’t stab you in the back. Make friends with people who won’t piss off a team who has better friends. And if you’re not ready to drop a lot of real money… You may want to do what many of us have done in the past–build up as much as possible, and when the next expansion happens, hopefully you will have enough resources and a sense of what is going on to leverage that.

Everyone already there has been getting ready for this for a long time (good land rarely changes hands, so new land is pretty much the best shot anyone can have at an upgrade)–Atlas is not very valuable without land, and even with land, you will likely find that you spend more upgrading and keeping it than it ever pays you back. Shoot, ask Dread. They have more level 5 land/castles than any other team, but I bet they have not yet seen a net positive return on what they spent (either real or in-game) to get to where they are. But maybe they have. Each level is far more expensive than the previous, and the increase in benefit, at least if you don’t have level 5 land (BTW, level 5 land has never been taken from the owners, exception being a team in beta that quit/disbanded). I

'm not complaining. I am saying, whatever you THINK Atlas is, that is not what you’re going to find. It’s a brave new world. I really like it, but it will be easy to get overwhelmed/discouraged.

If you expect to get nothing, hopefully you are pleasantly surprised. You will not be disappointed.

May the odds be ever in your favor (OFC, they are not).