Atlas Gameplay Updates: Part I Discussion

Please discuss the impending changes to Glory level cap and Bank RSS Transfers here.

2 Likes

What about main game transfer updates? I think thats whats actually hurting people.

11 Likes

I have no idea why it was important to raise the rss cap. I can send 3 times 6m or 2.5 times 7.5m. What does this change? Again main issues of the game ignored.

2 Likes

For non-Atlas the rss limits of lumber/food aren’t that great either. Even 3 max sends to a single person is 1.62M, how much does that help an upgrade at your lvl?

1 Like

That was the entire point of my post. Thanks for reading. :rofl:

3 Likes

Read it all you said

Which does not say lumber/food is low but only gold.

Touche. :stuck_out_tongue:

We do want to update standard RSS transfer amounts in the future as well! This change in Atlas just happened to be up first on our list of QoL changes.

6 Likes

These two changes should be live now! Game relaunch might be necessary.

Changes to glory level cap are probably fine, especially since PG keeps tacking on more tiers. Increasing max resource transfer amounts is good.

I’m much more interested in the details like fixing lag (we really should get some serious compensation for all the harm this has done, but I doubt we will), and a reduction in blockade time (if this is significant enough, they could just skip the entire map shuffle).

1 Like

Can you explain what this means?

Any player above 500 is always worth 100% glory, even if the attacker is level 650. That threshold has now been updated to 530.

5 Likes

I see a lot of lvl 600s, seems like 530 is still too low.

1 Like

The point is that there’s no fundamental strength difference at some point, same dragons, same tower levels. So it becomes weird to punish people for hitting “down” by giving them crap glory, while the actual power difference is much smaller than the level implies.

3 Likes

This change with glory max to level 530 supports only more sandbagging now.

1 Like

This. Cant tell you how many plat teams i see with a big 500-520 base that are sandbagging. Now instead of flying a high end base and getting 100% i get 80 or worse. This part of the update should be changed. Lower to 510. 520 tops. 500 is still a end game base for most people.

1 Like

Not quite lol @Wrathion A lot of 500s do not even have a long kill and another island maxed.
I’m less the 20 levels away from 500 and still have not even uncap 103s yet.
If you mean 1-3 islands maxed then yeah but I wouldn’t consider that an end game base.

2 Likes

The only part I take issue with is the max glory level. As has been brought up, people are capable of having max tower levels at lower than 530. There are bases at 520 that are hell to beat and 600s that are fluff. If you’re capable of building the max towers, then be the max glory.

2 Likes

I wasn’t talking about the max glory. I honestly have no idea if it was a good change or not. I’m not one of the ones always looking for 500+ bases for 100%

No I don’t think because your high enough level to max a single tower, you should be 100% glory for everyone. High 400s should not be automatic 100% for a 650 Even if it is a fluff base it’s still going to take a lot longer to beat the base. If they are both hitting each other, As long as the 600 can take the base it’s pretty much a sure win lol

1 Like

The max glory at 500 was bad design, you’re just making it worst by increasing it to 530 instead of addressing real problems in Atlas glory dynamics.
So I can hit a 529 for 50% glory and a 530 for 100%, and this can be hitting above your level, does that make sense? Why an abrupt cut off? If we accept the argument for team glory scaling, shouldn’t that scaling be reduced as I hit at my level and higher? and if hitting lower is getting me less glory why isn’t hitting higher giving me more?

We have more serious issue in Atlas glory, specifically the attack and defense stats on primes need adjusting, and castle access/blockade time.

And for the love of the game can we have a new primes tier already

2 Likes