Atlas Glory still needs work

PG recently changed the glory gained from attacking lower level bases to be more in line with how it should be. I found it humorous that someone could attack a base 70% their level and still get full glory. Now they are required to hit a base their level or higher to get full glory.

However, it should be made that a defending base should get glory based off a similar scale. If a 150 is attacked by a 350 the defender appears to be getting the significantly reduced glory as the attacker. It should very much be the opposite.

One example is if a lvl 250 base shuts down a lvl 270 attacker the defender should get at least full glory.

If I am wrong the scale the defender gets please point that out.

Have you factored in the team influence rating?
Have you owned your home castle for >24hr and were you attacked there?

As far as I know the glory calculations haven’t changed since the season started (including the 70% threshold or level 300+ to get full level glory) with one important exception: the influence and level calculations are now additive instead of multiplicative. Means a level 300+ will never give less than 50% of earned glory no matter how low influence is. Before this change, could be 0 or close to it. Plus you always get 100% glory at your home islands owned for more than a day.

No, but I only got 300 glory off the lvl 365 attacker that just hit my lvl 115 base even though he killed 4k troops. I have gotten much more than that with lower level, but still higher than myself.

I thought if you owned the castle for 24hours and were attacked at it… no matter the influence of the attacking team, the defender would get 100% glory. Or did I miss understand it :man_shrugging:t3:

I was in a red area. not at castle

This is likely due to the attacker losing very few troops and the calculation using the min troop loss function.

edit: to counter that, the level component of the calculation would have to continue to scale beyond 100% I believe

TOTAL GLORY EARNED = MIN[(Enemy Troops Killed * 0.75), (Your Troops Killed * 1.50)] * (Level component + Influence component) / 2

So yeah the attacker isn’t getting much glory either, but they just cost someone significantly lower level a ton of troops for little to no effort.

edit2: example:
350 hits 150:
troops losses are 789 and 7500.

Max glory for defender is 592.
789*.75 = 591.75
7500*1.5 = 11250
Min is obviously 591.75

Attacker’s perspective:
7500*.75=5625
789*1.5=1183.5
Min is now 1183.5 BUT then the level and influence come into play and that calculation isn’t published afaik… The in-game calculator shows 63.32% best case which is 749.39.

So yeah realistically you can have people seal clubbing and coming out ahead still.

AND little to no extrinsic reward; just the satisfaction of causing their victim grief.

I agree with this 100%. I don’t have a great suggestion besides perhaps in NML attacks, troop loss should be scaled down for a DEFENDING player significantly lower level than an attacker. A 350 should not be able to wipe out all of a 115’s troops in NML - that’s a big player being a jerk, and shouldn’t cause a lower level to lose several days worth of troops while trying to hunt glory. Conversely, if that 115 wants to attack a 350 - that’s THEIR decision, so the typical kill ratios are still fair. On castles, normal troop kill ratios are also still fair.

Thx all

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.