Atlas Primarch Redesign Official Discussion Thread

Please ask questions and discuss the upcoming Primarch Redesign in this thread!

2 Likes

OK some examples below of equivalent level primarchs attacking

Summary

Troop Loss (attacker : defender)
5 Flames 4 Flames 3 Flames 25%
Favorable Matchup 1 : 2 2 : 3 1 : 1 10 : 3
Neutral Matchup 3 : 4 1 : 1 3 : 2 10 : 2
Unfavorable Matchup 1: 1 4 : 3 2 : 1 10 : 1.5

Favorable Matchup

Glory Calculator Screenshots
  • Sieger v Trapper
  • Trapper v Taunter
  • Taunter v Sieger

5 Flames

4 Flames

3 Flames

Unfavorable Matchup

• Sieger v Taunter
  • Taunter v Trapper
  • Trapper v Sieger

5 Flames

4 Flames

3 Flames

Neutral Matchup

• Destroyer v Anything
  • Anything v Destroyer

5 Flames

4 Flames

3 Flames

25 Likes

So this is basically making destroyers pointless then bc now no matter what their attack power is going to be lower than any other primarchs defense power?

3 Likes

Did you factor in the 2x for a 5 flame attack?

:eyes:

2 Likes

I see this as dumming down the current system which IMO is better.

5 Likes

:expressionless:

Y’all realize that this means that siegers will always be strongest against trappers. Will this throw the dynamics of atlas wars into the favor of the attackers? (I haven’t actually compared the numbers, but this was my first thought).

What 2x?

Well wouldn’t it just mean you need a mixture of classes for any kind of success? Instead of just defending with just trappers.

I mean if you have taunter the enemy will attack with trappers, which means you need seigers on the castle to help against that. But the moment the taunt is broken the enemy could attack with their own taunters, which means you also need trappers on hand as well.

Means that creating a good defense requires multiple different primarch classes. Or just having only destroyers lol.

3 Likes

The way attacking works?

5 flames = 2x multiplier
4 flames = 1.5x multiplier
3 flames = 1x multiplier
<70% = rounded up to nearest 10% multiplier

3 Likes

Attack multiplier? Because this wasn’t included in the post. I looked through it a few times so I’m either blind or something is missing.

4 Likes

Ya I don’t get it… what’s the difference between Destroyers and Seigers now? Will they be given special functions like the trapper can trap or the taunter can taunt?

I’m glad getting glory will be easier for Trapper and Taunters but this is a major change and has me scratching my head.

4 Likes

Did I miss the date when version 5.00 will be released? Will these changes go in effect before the current atlas season ends?

same here lol

I don’t like this

12 Likes

Sieger is not longer gonna be good vs every prim when attacking.

1 Like

Don’t seigers already have a fort debuff as a special ability already?

1 Like

all seem same numbers to me in def and attack only different functions , so many questions

Am I reading this wrong or is this basically making trappers way worse vs siegers, which tend to be the favored primarch of an assault force?

6 Likes

Whatever it takes to get castles to turn over maybe…

3 Likes

I’ve been worried about the release of 5.0 and have a funny feeling this is only the beginning of things going downhill.

4 Likes