So I’ve been thinking. Atlas was really only fun when I was a pirate. I could roam around freely, hit whoever I wanted and the game was actually worth playing.
- Everyone needs someone to hit for glory.
- People are very sensitive about being hit and losing troops, especially when they have no one to easily hit back.
- Repeatedly being hit by the same people over and over for big troop loss sucks.
- Players on high level teams have a hard time finding decent glory targets hence the attraction of pirate teams.
My suggestion is as follows:
- Expand the map, about double the size.
- Create “AI” Atlas teams with castles, etc… on new Level 1 land.
- AI teams have castles with gaurds and primes with troops, etc like other real teams. They defend eachother, etc.
- Create new Level 6, 7 land for bigger teams, and make upkeep more expensive so it’s very difficult for any team to maintain 20+ castles… Make it exponential so the more castles you have the higher upkeep gets to be for all of them.
- Remove Glory scaling based on team level
- Keep Glory scaling based on individual player level
- Create cooldowns for individual players against entire teams… so for example, individual A can only attack players on Team 123 for up to 100k troops loss for 30 days.
What this does, is it makes it so everyone can hit someone for easy glory… even the lowest teams with newest players can attack the AI teams for easy glory. Obviously if you’re level 500 hitting someone level 300 you don’t get good glory. But if you’re level 500 hitting someone else level 450 you still get good glory regardless of what team you or they are.
It also makes it so no one person can bully any given team, they have to spread out their glory raids to other teams…or AI teams they can hit unlimited.
And it makes it easy for all teams to get a castle since it disincentivizes holding 20+ castles since there will be crazy upkeep costs.