There’s been some pretty heated debate about if atlas works in its current system for the majority of teams. I would like to fully outline a suggestion I have that I believe would work.
First I think it’s best to outline the things this is designed to “solve” and clarify it not trying to do some things people have raised concerns about:
- Reintroduce competition for top tier land
- Remove the concept of “safe” castles buried many layers deep.
- Maintain personal rewards in atlas seasons.
- Minimise the desirability of mass alliances
- Open up more of the atlas features for the majority of players.
- Help fix lag at major battles
Atlas Map structure
To do this I’d suggest that atlas would need to become a series of smaller maps. With the following (ish) structure.
- Top 100 teams by power/rating/influence
- Next 200 teams by power/rating/influence
- Next 300 teams by power/rating/influence
- Remaining teams with atlas access.
Each season would start with a land grab. All infrastructure and guards from the previous season would be returned to storage with no cost. At the end of a season the bottom 10% of a league is relegated and replace with the top teams from the league below.
Land distribution would be set up on the following basis:
Map 1 - 2000 castles 15% level 5, 20% level 4, 30% level 3, 35% level 2
Map 2 - 3000 castles 15% level 5, 20% level 4, 30% level 3, 35% level 2
Map 3 - 3600 castles 10% level 5, 15% level 4, 30% level 3, 45% level 2
Map 4 - 4000 castles 5% level 5, 10% level 4, 30% level 3, 55% level 2
When designing the maps no castle should be more than 3 jumps from NML access.
Land based rewards would scale up from the lowest map. Level 2 land bonuses in all maps would be equal to current level 2 land bonuses. However higher level land would be scaled up so level 5 land in map 1 would be worth considerably more than in map 4.
All maps would have seasonal rewards where finishing 1st in the map below would be equivalent to finishing halfway up the map above.
1st -1000 days
50th - 100 days
1st - 100 days
100th- 20 days
1st - 20 days
150th - 10 days
Map 4 - 1st 10 days
The same glory system would be used in all leagues and all seasonal progress would be the same.