Atlas Souldance Season Announcement - Official Discussion Thread

So the issue here is that Crom and Kasima are significantly better than Antonius.

Crom provides 18% Atk and 23% HP alongside a 10% construction bonus.
Kasima provides 16% Atk and 20% HP, alongside 10% HP and ATK in two flaks of your choice.

Antonius provides 3.5% ATK and 10% HP to all towers. As well as 7% ATK and 10% HP to your choice of Earth Flak or Storm.

This makes him strictly worse than Crom or Kasima. If you wanted earth flak boosts you would get Kasima. If you wanted to general boosts you would get Crom.

Additionally I am not convinced that boosting the earth flak is the way to go anyways. While you do want the earth flak to tank as much damage as possible, its often one of the first targets for death gaze style spells, which renders any extra HP you put into it kind of moot.

If you wanted to make Antonius better I would think the way to go would be to slightly boost the first tower attack node to be something more like 7-10% Attack (most players go for HP over attack with defensive riders, its usually better to have a tower survive an extra hit and get a second attack off, then deal a slight increase in damage). Then massively increase the total boost you can get for your earth flak to something like +15% earth/Storm Atk, +20 or 25 Earth Flak HP.

That makes this rider a more interesting choice. You can significantly boost one important tower on your base, that you want to survive for a long time in favor of reducing the power of the rest of your towers. I don’t think I personally would go for this rider, but at least there would be a use case and a reason to go for it, whereas right now the rider is just strictly worse than existing defensive riders.

2 Likes

I would say Crom is the reference to beat.

You can build him as you like:

• +18% Tower attack / +23% Tower HP / +8% Sheep farm production
  • +18% Tower attack / +17% Tower HP / -10% Building upgrade time / +8% Sheep farm production
  • +12% Tower attack / +23% Tower HP / -10% Building upgrade time / +8% Sheep farm production
  • +28% Tower attack / +13% Tower HP / +8% Sheep farm production
  • +22% Tower attack / +13% Tower HP / -10% Building upgrade time / +8% Sheep farm production

Give me something better than any of those configuration and I can be interested. If not, what’s the point in getting the new rider?

2 Likes

I think a rider with lower tower buffs (or without any with let say -25%) would be fine, if it had for example a minus 15 -20% building upgrade time!

1 Like

This still does nothing, might as well put +1% food production there.

Now if they wanted to make this one interesting, put in +150% storm attack, then it opens up new options, while still being pretty balanced.

3 Likes

Two-week rounds are funny, considering one week is always going to be PvP. So, one week rounds basically.

Don’t forget maintenance bubbles too

Courage in your heart: confirmed.

3 Likes

We’re looking at the number of teams to be added and are considering adding a few more league subdivisions to it. We’ll post an update once we have a decision.

3 Likes

The current number is 0. If you go to P2, still 0. If you go to P3, I think it’s 21.

13 Likes

let them do their job :face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::sweat_smile:

Personally I would have kept quiet then asked the question again when they announce that “ALL OF P2!! WILL HAVE ATLAS! ISN’T THIS THE BEST!?”

4 Likes

Can the update be before the cutoff date? Give a chance for teams to push if they want.

1 Like

@PGEggToken can we please get an answer to this from the designer/s of the rider?

I’d really love to get some insight (as I’m sure many others would) into the designers intent on this rider given the skill points and stats available.

3 Likes

I would just like to see the stats buffed. :joy:

1 Like

Rider :eyes:

1 Like

Whoops. I was pre-coffee when I wrote that :woman_facepalming:t3:
Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

:coffee::cookie:

1 Like

Update on the addition of teams into Atlas:
In addition to the teams that have qualified due to league rank past Platinum I, we’ll also be adding teams through Platinum IV into Atlas at the start of the season.

Click to see the list of teams to be added

007Dragonwar
05forlife
13Drachenherz
1Steelerfan
1WarriorLushes
2020xOdissea
21stSquadron
777RUS
AGameOfThrones
Airdragons
alconesnegros
ALLWorldStars
AncientSouls
AngeliDannati
AngryNinjas
ArmyOfMisfits
AttackWarriors
B1ackPearl
Babygorfs
BaneWarriors
BlazeNGaze420
BlinkPink
BloodAndHonor2
BloodLetters
BornFearless
BOTKAKTOTAK
Calestidragons
CelticsRevenge
Centurions
ChaosPlatoon
Chatora1
Chevaucheur2
CoolChange
CrazyTownX
Crickets
CrystalDRC
CulzeanSkies
Dailystacking
DarkenTheSkies
DeathDealers4
DemonHunters
DemoniosFurios
DestinyDragons
DevilDisciplez
DevilsMischief
DFpremium
DodoFans
Donnerflammen
Draaclings
Drachekrieger
dragendestroue
DraghiAbissali
DragonAddicts
Dragonfreaks
DragonRebels
Dragsit2
DrakeRyders
DRAKINASTHORN
DumbledoreArmy
ElOlimpo
Elparaiso
EragonsReiter
ExcessiveForce
Experienceall
FLIEGERBANDE
Flugdrache
FlyingDemonsXx
FnafDragons
FrenchCrew
Frozenhaze
GHEPPIOREALE2
Ghostriderson
GlaurungsGhost
GLIIMPERATORI
Gotyourdragon
GrimVanguards
Hatchlings
HausDragon
Highpeaks
IdiotsPart2
Inquisidores
IronCircleWH
IsleofMisfits
JesusFreaks
KalteGermanen
KashsWarriors
KnightsNArms
LEchaletQF
LibertyDragons
Lilliths
Lions1905
lL4T1NxS0ULSl
Lonelyrangers
LucksBlessing
LyonchiM
MayBees2017
Midnitefire
Mileniumbr
MISTERIOSI
MonkeyFighters
MooDysMinions
mw4627
NastyWolfPack
Necromongers
NeueHeimat
NEWORDER
NightRenegades
NineWorlds2
NINJAHOUNDZ
NinjasTeamBr
OpalShadows
OrderOfPhoenix
PhenioxDrop555
PheonixTalons2
PhoenixsFire
PhoenixTalons
POSESSION
provingground
Pyromancers
RagingBanshees
RagnarokWolves
Ravenclawclan
RavensReapers
Redpandas7
ReptileInferno
RevenousHunger
RollingWonders
SATANRIDERS
SchizoDrags
ShadowLeague
Shadydog
SliverLights
SmokeNMirriors
SolsticeSouls
Sophrosyne
StonefireGuard
SwornToValor
TalonsOfMayhem
Tamagotozi202
TeamNonbee
TeamOfDragons1
Teamsyo
TheGideonites
TheHonorBound
TheLine69
TheOnlyOne
TheUnknownArmy
Thunderstrong
TimeWasters
TitanDragons
TURKORDUSU
UFOD
ValorDracarys
Vendettanators
VikingPirates
WDragonEliteW
WeTheChosenFew
WildTigersFam
xNEUSTART2020x
xXDisavowedXx
XxFUGAKUxX
xXRageKnightXx
XxRenegadesxX
XxWinterfellxX

Original post has been updated with this information as well.

11 Likes

You are just killing me - we dropped down to Gold 1 for PVP during discount season, and haven’t moved back up to P4 yet …

4 Likes

The new Atlas rider is, how do I say it nicely - underwhelming.

Any good rider will not have Lumber and Farm Production as a prerequisite for advancing in the skills tree. In this case, we are now forced to select both. lol.

At some point we need a rider with a -15% construction time or better.

2 Likes