tl;dr: Jumping invites can be annoying as they disappear. If the current system of battle invites disabled expired invites, switched them to placeholders, or gradually slid off screen, it’d probably be enough. Other suggestions are in the second bullet point section. The mockup ended up becoming over-complicated. Continue at your own risk
While I think that the current Active Battle Invites screen is adequate for starting out, it can fall behind during more intense wars and/or situations where you could potentially have atlas, wars, and/or events all at the same time (usually not but for a small pocket of time/if things get out of sync). Particularly during wars/events, invites will jump around as they disappear, so the idea was to think of something to better sort through the different invites for the more spammy times.
Anyway, this is incomplete for now, as it really just ended up not seeming practical or worth continuing but would’ve tied together various suggestions .
To bullet points:
- Toggled from the current active battle invites view
- Takes up more screen space (can’t do anything else with the current popup anyway) & compacts invites (maybe too much, though avatars could be shrunken furhter)
- More easily distinguish multiple wars
- Eliminates invite jumping (switches to a disabled state or maybe it just gets blanked out)
Suggestions/Things not yet included after thinking that it wasn’t practical: (+ items from below)
- Icons per event type + attack/defense type (war attack, war defense, atlas attack, atlas defense, etc. to remove the attack/defense labels)
- Other attack types (atlas, normal, event - would need to scroll down)
- Filter by invite type (e.g. see only war invites)
- Skip to end
- Shaded backgrounds based upon banner color
- +Decrease the full screen view a little to show the two line chat preview
- +Disable invites for full invites
- +If the expired invites could slide out of view (one at time), that would reduce clutter but still allow people time to accurate tap on the intended invite.
- Too complex/cluttered/large, also ends up wasting a lot of space if it isn’t that busy
- Might cause memory issues on low RAM devices?
It also removes the join button and would rely on tapping the applicable tile instead. Scroll right for each individual attack type Scroll right for more attacks/defenses and down for different types. But yeah…