Edit 2: Nov. 2018 - no longer updating, though it’s been true earlier than that
Edit: Not updating this as much lately (bits missing), but if there’s something missing, just PM me
Taking a stab (or claw?) at putting together a history for beta (as it applies to Atlas)/atlas for various reasons, particularly with the old forums going away and that Atlas hasn’t existed as-is for a year. These are just based on threads started by PGDave and PGEggToken.
Beta dates are approximate due to being based on pre-release notes and only highlight the more significant content releases/changes as they apply to Atlas (not that bug fixes aren’t important but would be too long). Definitely post with anything you think should be added
- November 18, 2016: Beta teams were announced. I suppose more may have been added over time as well, but my memory is foggy on that.
- October 26, 2017: Diamond I & II teams
- October 27, 2017: Atlas launch party
- December 7, 2017: Sapphire II and above
- February 7, 2018: Upkeep changes
- April 2, 2018: half of Plat I and above
- Late April Lottery for Gold/Plat
- July 18, 2018: rest of Plat
- October 3, 2018: more Plat
Other Changes (doesn’t currently include patch notes)
- November 20, 2017: Glory & Event Prizes
- Jan 29, 2018: Invader Base Scaling
- February 1, 2018: Team Bonuses
- February 8, 2018: Atlas Quests & New Teams (no land expansion, as it was nine teams to test out the tutorial and quests
- April 10, 2018: Changes to castle def
- Late April: Atlas Seasons
- Generally, there were also a huge number of changes for quality of life, making things easier, fixes/stability, etc.
- v5.0 - March 15, 2017: Poachers (I always thought that they were naughty dragons, but the dragons are being stolen!), Infrastructure (no more Port), Galleons (now primarchs), Merchants (no longer exist)
- v5.2 - July 3, 2017: Primarchs were introduced. They no longer have heal times, and the Bestiary and Nest concepts don’t exist in Atlas. It also included various improvements to infrastructure, merchants, parameters, and more.
- v6.0 - August 29, 2017: Riders, Bazaar, Refinery, Mini Events, No Man’s Land, Portals,