Better Team Search - Official Discussion Thread

Check out the post by flying over here.

What are your thoughts on the new team search?
  • Bigger and better teams! (Positive)
  • Better but not the best-er (Neutral)
  • We might see some better teams. (Negative)

0 voters

2 Likes

:sweat_smile: I would have loved something like this when I was a baby dragon flier. I ended up on a team that wasn’t very active and didn’t have a lot of game knowledge so I made a lot of bad decisions, but I didn’t know any better. I hope this helps newer players find solid teams that will become their flying family.

11 Likes

Anything that helps newer players find actual teams instead of just flypaper teams is good. I remember when I first started I just joined some random silver team and within two days I was leader because my activity was the highest. I only managed to find a decent gold team on accident when I tapped on an invite email to see how it worked.

Also can we get an option to disable League Chat in our setting please. Im so tired of my chats always defaulting to LC any time I open the chat menu and tired of seeing the garbage that gets posted in there.

18 Likes

Does this mean individual player activity in a game for flying dragons will be even more heavily based on chatting? Or will joining attacks and defends be mote important?

Omg yes!!! Make league chat go away!!

4 Likes

Yes, that is a very good idea. I also had my problems in teams at the beginning, they didn’t warn actively enough, then after a long break I found one.
Could you maybe add some hints on how the teams are listed? By social activity, activity and so on. If they are not looking for such high social activity, they can select the team accordingly.

Yeah, that sounds like a really good idea

1 Like

Oooo somebody was listening to my suggestions after all :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Finding better teams sounds like a good start. As a new player, please let me know if I can offer any insight or help in any way.

6 Likes

Sounds good! Definitely will help if most new people land in active teams from the start.

4 Likes

Edit - It was pointed out to me that what I was suggesting would be redundant. If teams are ranked by activity, and sorted by league + language, then a player can already browse names and descriptions.

Thank you for PMing me and explaining this :blush:

I think the mixing of teenagers and adults is very good, yes, it can be complicated, but it gives you the opportunity to connect with another generation. I am younger myself and have met many wonderful people here, most of them more than 15 years older than me. If you separate that now, it would take an element out of the game. If the team wants to, they can separate that… e.g. with “18+ only” or something like that. But I think it’s wrong to make biological age a line, because as a younger player you can often learn a lot from the life experience of older players.

1 Like

this is not facebook
or any kind of friendship based application.
what do you expect?
ASL and join chat?

1 Like

Please for the love of everything holy please please please do this.

8 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::+1::dragon:

1 Like

As far as team search goes for new players. It would have really helped me starting if I was directed to teams with atlas. Or at least something in the team search that shows with or w/o atlas.

Since I hadn’t played on an atlas team I didn’t really know what I was missing.

2 Likes

@PGGalileo Ramen says you need to chat more. :sweat_smile:

When do these changes go live?

2 Likes

Good change if possible it might also be worth adding if a team has atlas or not.

4 Likes

Changing the ordering is not a bad change, though I think the activity based ordering is only correct when you’re looking for a team to join. And would be teammates probably want other info too, like whether the team has Atlas and even castles or infra info.

I wish the team name search didn’t randomly (actually, it’s fairly but not completely consistent) fail to bring up teams. Drop in a search string like “royal” or “dre” and you get … one team each, and not the one you’re thinking of, when I’m pretty sure either of those search terms should bring up a bunch.

From the description this is a decent but pretty small change and team search could still benefit from continued attention and improvements.

5 Likes

Adding a field for player level teams are accepting might be worthwhile, too.

Lol agree with ability to disable league chat or turn it into recruiting chat or world chat. I think activity search is better. would be nice to know if a team is play active versus casual.

What I like to search is team stats like previous events history like */8 team prize, chest * in quests. atlas y/n. Those things seems to be important to people. I don’t really care for ranking.

1 Like