Boycott...It's time. Let's make our voices heard

Boycott?

Let’s talk about the “B” word. It gets thrown around a lot but rarely does it make any difference. As a consumer of a product you should have more recourse if said product is defective or intentionally sold under false pretenses. Apparently PG does not care. The ONE thing we do have that can show our resolve is solidarity. All we have to do to get PG’s attention is refrain from spending. Not forever, just a single week. Breeding week at that. If you have any interest in sending a message that PG MUST change things then the decision to participate should be simple. It’s only a week, make your voice heard.

What we want…

1: Personally, I would like to see the xp issue addressed. For those that aren’t aware, it takes as much xp and timers to get from 1-300 as it does to get from 300-357 (when Mythic Harbingers can be expert), 26 years worth!

2: Fix the existing problems before adding new content. Enough said.

3: Stop secretly changing parameters on things. You promised to be more transparent in the past and that has been determined to be a lie. The most recent example with the mythic seasonal warrior changing stats AFTER release.

4: Listen to your players. I understand PG cannot implement every suggestion but ignoring glaring problems seems to be the standard. Like ostriches with their heads in the sand, PG ignores the most important issues while reveling in useless ones like pet pics.

The premise is simple. If you’re tired of being taken advantage of by PG, tell them how you feel by keeping your wallet closed for a week. If you’re really pissed off at them, tell a friend.

58 Likes

Jared might ban you in forums. Just saying

4 Likes

I have no comment on this(this one doesn’t count)

2 Likes

Can you make the week start on the breeding event start date? I think it may have a larger effect if that’s the one week they have planned to make a killing from releasing the new content, and all of a sudden people just ease into the content with their saved up items and don’t purchase packs right away.

:upside_down_face:

6 Likes

I can’t spend less than what I’ve spent ($) in this game… :disappointed_relieved:

5 Likes

Since this is a privately owned forum, PG can do whatever they want on it, but this post currently doesn’t violate the “cod” of conduct.

9 Likes

Okay I see where your coming from but it seems you have been really upset and negative towards PG as of late. Were all in the same boat but understand they are real people and cannot fix everything at once. Right now the server issue needs to be addressed. If you are really so upset and are willing to boycott the game it might be in your best interest to leave the game for now. Yes I understand your points and I agree but it seems this game is making you really upset and it might be in your best intrest to take a break.

3 Likes

Didn’t diamond league do a pretty successful boycott in the recent past. Within the last year i believe or six months. Think we were heard but nothing has changed. We have done actual boycotts since pocketgems took the game over, i believe four years ago. But more power to ya if you think this will help. Can’t hurt but i wont be spending anyways lol.

2 Likes

It’s actually how the modern season came into existence. Fall season with skarr, NS and ebon was a result of it.

5 Likes

I think the sentiment is not bad, can’t really help personally, haven’t spent anything since I bought a year of Elite somewhere in February.

2 Likes

They can’t fix everything at once. But that assumes that PG actually believes it is broken. They intentionally made the paywalls, held off the release of the rest of the harbingers and then shortly after release a new tier, then they intentionally nerfed the new mythic. Making it 357 for mythic harbingers when it takes about the same exp and timers to go from 310 (mythic obsidian) to 357 as it did to go from 0-310. I can understand server issues and things like that, but Lx is talking about intentional decisions that PG made.

If the term boycott is used, we need everyone on board. If we get a lousy turnout, then we neutered ourselves and became the boy who cried wolf.

6 Likes

I’ll boycott, but I only spend on Elite, so.

2 Likes

#freepanda

25 Likes

I don’t spend on anything but I’ll boycott if I have to. Just like EternalEvil

4 Likes

I don’t spend out side of elite so won’t do me much good. I would spend money on this game but their greedy tactics and their broken and glitchy game I refuse to do so.

6 Likes

Season is ass anyways so I don’t mind boycotting this one, all of LXs points are valid and need to be addressed eventually if this game is to remain healthy.

8 Likes

Its just like always - if the Diamond whales agree thats enough - but will they?

5 Likes

Is a good idea, and I would join.
Does anyone have any info on how the first boycott was organized?

2 Likes

Started this game about 1-2 months ago dropped some cash 200 ish just to see if it’s worth it! Like game a lot but not worth a unstable platform to continue to try and be competitive

3 Likes

I think #1 and #2 conflict. The heightened xp progression and timer requirements (#1) serve to slow down progression, which slows down the perpetual arms race and allows more time between the release of new dragon tiers (#2). Increasing the tower levels goes hand in hand with the release of more powerful dragons. New content can be released within existing dragon tiers and tower levels thereby introducing greater variety without requiring new dragons. Keep in mind that any request that impacts the spending of top levels will face a steep uphill battle (I hate to say it would likely be a non-starter, but it would likely be a non-starter).

What would really be interesting is what impact there would be on revenue of PG cut the pack prices by 25% or 50%. I bet more people would spend, but then you would likely exacerbate the incessant arms race.

3 Likes