Bringing the game into disrepute

its extremely sad that a diamond 1 team needs to cheat to win a war.

How did they cheat?
They used an exploit that counted our attacks on them in atlas as a war defence point.

How do we know this?
No one on our team has attacked them through the war screen yet they have 14 defence points.

1 Like

How is that a cheat? If you attack through match making, or through the war dialog, or through revenge it will count as a war run. It’s on your team for attacking the other team inside atlas while you have a war going.

8 Likes

This is longstanding common sense. The game picks up your attack on a team you’re at war with as war, regardless of where you acces them to attack from.

6 Likes

I’m wondering how they managed to get into a diamond league without realizing this :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Makes me have flashbacks of people revenging war attacks and wondering how they gave them points.

4 Likes

:joy::joy::woman_facepalming:

Much wow, much fail, many facepalm.

8 Likes

Common sense? I wouldve thought attacking in war through the war screen was a war attack. A revenge attack through revenge screen a revenge attack. An atlas attack an atlas attack.

Pardon my ignorance. Been playing 8 months and never heard nor come across this but thanks for reminding me that “common sense” has a different meaning in WD.

1 Like

Lol not tryna be a douche :man_shrugging:t2:. Always be wary of who you’re attacking while war goes on, it triggers as war no matter what. Yes, even if you have 5 flames already if the person you attack hasn’t been 5 flamed.

2 Likes

Thanks! Learn something new every day!

3 Likes

Don’t feel bad, I’m still learning little tricks about war and attacks myself, and I’ve been playing for a year and a half…

1 Like

Thanks. I dont feel bad. Im just perplexed that this is allowed. It doesnt make logical sense to me. I thought wars would be about the actual war itself. Oh well…live and learn

1 Like

Well think of it kinda like this. You could practice unlimited runs on your opponent’s bigs during war by going through another screen? Nah. Plenty have made the mistake tho.

Yeah. Good point :+1:Ill change the thread title to “make sure you are informed regarding war dynamics”

2 Likes

It’s a well known tactic to attack though the team screen so you can see who’s online. Maybe ask around your diamond teammates before coming into forums next time?

It’s one of the “It’s a feature, not a bug” things that people are just used to now. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Well, what everyone is saying may be true but a team mate has a ticket where support is saying that they are escalating it because clearly no war attacks have occurred.

Never put a limit on things support says.

6 Likes

Feels like some of them aren’t sure what game it even is :no_mouth:

3 Likes

Yeah it’s dirty but if you know where someone is in atlas, parking primarchs on their castles is a great way to get defends…

Personally I won’t do this to anyone who doesn’t do it to us. But everyone can fairly do the same.

1 Like