Over recent months, we’ve had lots of new content and improvements that show PG’s interest at making our gaming experience better. Examples include limited time seasonal lines, dungeons, cost reduction of PvP–even Team Gauntlet has been improved, though that still needs work. For all that, and to be fair:
THANK YOU, PG
For the same reasons, and to make the game less stagnant, PG has come up with diverse proposals for Atlas. Well, not everyone likes the proposals–far from it–but why not? Let’s give it a try.
With all that said, this topic is about a memorial. We’d like to take a moment to honor the memory of all those flyers we’ve lost and will soon lose due to the huge accumulation of lag and glitches in Atlas.
Once upon a time–a long, long time ago–Aligane, on its own, was hosting millions of troops at the same time! All fighting! Without lag! I’m not a fan of Aligane, myself, but think of it: MILLIONS of troops could be involved in a fight, and actually fight! That time seems so distant now, like a dream, or a legend of a bygone age.
Since then, we’ve slowly started to see more lag accumulate after each patch, until today, when we have reached a point where even sniping can be impossible. Here is a nonexhaustive list of the problems we’ve seen since the last downtime in Atlas:
- when being attacked, we can’t find the castle we’re attacked on, because we can’t view our list of owned castles.
- when attacking in large numbers . . . I would love to say what happens, but this is purely hypothetical, because my prim ends up stuck en route and simply refuses to go to the castle where the fight is happening.
- when sniping, let us pray there are not too many prims, and your target can be found from outside the castle – because once there, the primarch list won’t show the troops anymore. Or won’t show the attack button, or (if you’re particularly unlucky) it won’t show either. Or the game could just crash.
- if you ever manage to get your primarch to a castle where a big battle is happening, it takes a very long time (5-30 minutes) for attacks to process after you complete them, leaving you uncertain whether your primarch and your targets are alive or dead.
- Unrelatedly, I’m still waiting for my 7.5M gold shipment from the beginning of the primarch event, three days ago. I know it’s a hard time for the postal service with COVID, but let’s hope it will arrive before the event ends.
Let’s stop that list here; we’re all pretty familiar with these.
I can’t tell how many leaders, officers, and highly active atlas dedicated players are planning to leave the game by the first month of the new season if this lag is not resolved.
We ve all come to a point at which we’re losing all hope of a better future. Several have already given up, and a large number are about to.
Please, put the lag issues at the top of the list of priorities. Solving it is absolutely necessary to save our beloved game.
And in memory of these players we have already lost, we’re hosting a memorial. Please gather as many troops as possible on this castle:
Whatever your orientation in Atlas, this problem concerns the entire community. So for once, let’s unite under the same cause: every leader, officer, player, spread that message around. And do something.
The memorial will come to an end 24 hours before the end of Temple Raid. Please make sure all your prims are removed 12 hours before it ends, for obvious reasons…
A screenshot will be taken and reposted when we have the more teams gathered and represented there.
Hopefully, this will finally make PG realise how much these glitches are impacting and weakening the community.
I am not going to go into depth about the problems surrounding PG’s public API. A large petition has already been made about that; as a reminder it can be find here , if you want to support it.
–An anonymous Atlas aficionado