Celestial Rift Wave 2 - Official Discussion Thread

Feel free to give your opinion about Magnus, Jjin and their portraits below.

By the way I can’t be the only one who thought that Magnus looked like the Councilwoman from Lilo and Stitch, can I? :sweat_smile:

Grand_Councilwoman

When these strange likenesses happen I just can’t unsee them… :see_no_evil:

Disclaimer: this thread was originally posted in the Off-topic category, but @PGGalileo decided to make it official, which is why I’m the OP of this official discussion thread :sweat_smile: Don’t worry, it shouldn’t happen often, this was likely an exceptional situation.

So does that make me an “official im-poster”? :laughing:

*Crickets*

Aw ok :pleading_face: but I’m not sorry! I love even lame puns…

22 Likes

I thought he looked like that Kaminoan from Clone Wars
Nice to have an alien rider tho, better looks when they invade and start playing WD

5 Likes

Jinn is an extremely “my” styled dragon

1 Like

Oh now I see the uncanniness with Magnus and High Council Women :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jjin looks like a dog with the head covered by a tissue or handkerchief too. But I’ll admit I like the style too (so far in 2D).

A very malicious dog, but still, it looks cool.

3 Likes

Magnus is strange looking, I was expecting a more demonic rider to contrast Zephon’s seraphic look. Instead he seems more like he fits with the Eclipse season. Reminds me of a cross between an alien and Dhalsim from Street Fighter. Not really impressed with either of them so I guess it’ll depend on if they have anything special in their lines like Omiros had the timers.

For once I was actually hoping the 2nd rider would have been a defensive rider with a comparable construction skill to Sola. Magnus seems to basically just be Zephon if you went for max atk but with 2 extra class options. If he was going to contrast Zephon then he could have been more demonic and specilized in high atk

1 Like

:joy::joy:hoping the animations would be cool…

Magnus is an alien giraffe-panda who plotted with Thanus [sic] (because I still hate him) to gather the 5 Infinity Shards and create the Infinity Pan! :exploding_head:

I don’t know, from the Councilwoman to that guy, there’s just a step. Magnus does look dried up… Aka alien Voldemort too, but I digress.

2 Likes

I also get a bit of a Sovereign vibe from the face and posture

4 Likes

True, he does. Still looks ill, so seems fitting for the demonic side, like a dark wizard compared to wizened hermit Zephon.

I find that he kind of looks like a flying skullcrawler, especially with the ridged and pointed upper jaw

Will jjin be shard or no?

Nope… Fully 37.5k sigil wave 2 dragon…probably
As ThInGs ArE SuBjEcTeD To ChAnGe

Full dragon line as per slide 4 of the celestial rift deck.

The festive line is later on in the season and we do not have much information about that yet. Maybe in the upcoming wave 2 deck that will get a rough outline provided… we can hope.

1 Like

It costs 18.5k sigils and comes out week 9, drac chests will be capped at 600 just like last season

1 Like

Took a bit but I found it. No change to Drac chests. Didn’t want to quote something I had no evidence for.

4 Likes

1 Like

They should modify the mention “will introduce season keys” to something more accurate, like “involves season keys”. :thinking:
Introduce suggests that is a new thing, but it hasn’t been new since Spring 2019, two years ago.

1 Like

It’s official now! Thanks, Kardul!

7 Likes

Where is the official info?

1 Like