Changes to Silver Chests and Event Glyphs - Official Discussion Thread

Hello Dragon Lords!

We have waited too long to update our silver chests and event glyphs. So today we are going live with some changes to silver chests and the event glyph rotations.

Gold: Drop Rates Merged (drop rates of all other runes are unaffected)
Blue: Minor Events only
Purple: Major Events only

In the chart above the runes on the left are being added to silver chests, where the runes of the right are being removed. We specifically wanted to remove some of the least desirable runes and add in some much better runes. We hope you like the change and hopefully, you can get your hands on some of these new runes.

Event Glyphs

The event glyphs chosen each week are from a bucket of many different options. Some of those options are not useful in the current meta so we have removed them from the rotation. Here are the glyph types we removed from the rotation:

Invincible Spell Duration

Heal Dragon Duration Multiplier

Archer Tower Attack

Archer Tower HP

Cannon Tower HP

Cannon Tower Attack

The following glyphs still remain in the rotation:

Atk_warrior, hp_bmage, atk_sorcerer, hp_lightning, atk_fire, atk_hunter, hp_mage, hp_electroflak, hp_darkflak, hp_sorcerer, hp_ice, atk_iceflak, atk_lightning, hp_hunter, atk_ice, hp_earthflak, hp_fire, atk_fireflak, atk_earthflak, atk_electroflak, dragonRageGenerationModifier, atk_darkflak, hp_fireflak, hp_warrior, hp_storm, hp_iceflak, dragonXPGainModifier

We really appreciate everyone’s feedback. If anyone has any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let us know. We’ll be reviewing everyone’s response to this change, and we’ll let you know what next steps will be taken to make things better.

23 Likes

The change too the silver chests did seem messed up by the sequencing being jumbled too 27 and not 24 sequencings anymore but the rage might actually be a good change the other changes I’ll have too wait too see

2 Likes

I was wondering could we get a ammo glyph too and rage glyph sometimes Galileo?

2 Likes

Can you advise pg to add more rage glyphs and ammo glyphs in silver chest and event prize!
This is what everyone want so it’s more profitable for pg

1 Like

Ooooh yah, I like the secondary options on the new runes from silver chests now, small, beneficial buffs to ur drags

1 Like

While it is good to see some update and see some new versions of rage runes, why didnt they take this opportunity to add in invoker runes and glyphs?

8 Likes

Possibly a work in progress? @PGGalileo why no Invoker runes then?

2 Likes

If ur not gonna add glyphs to silver chests, it would be nice if we can have runic chests as an always-available option, and at a cheaper price

Hey team, the designer of the system is offline for the rest of the day, so I’ll get questions answered tomorrow.

5 Likes

I’m really excited for this! Nothing more disappointing than getting a mythic poison striker. :joy:

Great step in the right direction!

12 Likes

Right!?! :rofl: Well, unless your base is all ballistas…then it’s awesome. Jokes aside, this is definitely a great improvement!

5 Likes

Love the changes, but also hate them because of the headache I now have sequencing silvers :joy: Good job though PG!

P.S:

With a little help from the amazing Zami, we’ve figured that the sequence should now be 23 drops, so it actually got less diluted - yay for all of us!

Edit: Miscounted - 24 :joy: Soooo, same status quo, still good!

15 Likes

There’s a meme about someone tricking some player on a team about building ballista on his/ her in the off topic category of memes

1 Like

Anyone get either of the mythic rage runes? Just wondering what the atk/hp boost is. I’d guess 2% or 3%

I have the legendary Hp rune for it

Great change, other runes are actually somewhat useful now! :clap::clap::clap:

It’s 5% from what I’ve been told!
Edit: but wdstats says 3% - so I trust that more :joy:

3 Likes

Well i was about to post that

4 Likes

Was it removed? :eyes: I don’t see it in the removed list so we’re still stuck with this bundle of dust.

Overall good changes though!

5 Likes

How unlucky i am that i opened 600 silver chests just 2.5 hours before :man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2:… maybe three but defo before i see this post

Edit: nothing useful, only a mythic ice flak hp… hoping to get a mythic ammo