Chaos runes working after 4.16, does not account for research, rider or boost bonuses

This deserves its own thread. @PGEggToken @PGCrisis @pgjared when will chaos runes be really fixed? They’re still not working.

Edit working now. Tested. See post 31

1 Like

As soon as Aibrean is no longer significant… so whenever next tier is released.

3 Likes

Which dragon are you using chaos rune on?

Aibrean

How do you know they are not working? Did you test it? If so I want to see the test.

I did some tests and my numbers seemed inconsistent: unfortunately i didn’t test yesterday for a comparison. i have one mythic rune (+70%) equipped. Does anyone know exactly how this is all calculated?

Unboosted:

standard hit was 1.73 million damage
chaos hit was 4.91 million. (about 2.8X the damage)

boosted:
standard hit was 2.08 million
chaos hit was 5.26 million… (about 2.5X the damage)

I guess i could add another legendary Chaos to make sure they are working… i just dont want to equip another rune that isn’t working…

i hope they will never fix. Delete all Chaos runes and the problem is solved :slight_smile:

Just trolling? or do you actually feel that way?

1 Like

I was under the impression a fix for Aibrean’s Chaos runes would be live with this update. I am going to follow up with the team.

2 Likes

mine work fine now. BUT it took them a few hours after the update to work.

ya i have a feeling they are working too. I’ll play around later to confirm by adding another one.

I have +50%legendary and +36% Epic runes
My numbers are unboosted
453k and 1385k = x3.05
And boosted
551k and 1483k = x2.69

Both cases are more than 200% dmg under chaos, which makes me think the runes are working.

My alt acc has an unruned Aibrean
Unboosted
17k and 46.4k = x2.73
And boosted
21.5k and 50.9k = x2.37

So

1. I don’t get the math behind why it is not just 200% when it says 200%
  2. The runes are not working I guess

naaaah, delete it :slight_smile: aka problem solved :slight_smile:

People (not me) would complain though. They don’t want to lose a mythic rune even though it doesn’t work. They want PG to fix it

Ya that’s why I asked how it is suppose to work. I know the Epic renewal really only adds 1% health gain but it’s better than nothing so I don’t want to remove it if Chaos isn’t working.

Pre rune equip, I double tap a level 45 tower to kill it. After equipping 2 chaos runes to give +120% to damage boost, I still double tap a level 45 tower to kill it. Damage of first tap remains the same as before rune equipped.

Edit: damage numbers. Without chaos 354,934. With chaos and +120% from runes 1,190,073

I attacked an XP base with a level 1 legendary chaos rune and glyph (68%) = 6 hits on a fire turret
upgraded them to expert (100% increase) = 5 hits on fire turret.

Player I attacked is SaLangHeyYoooo using my level 18 Aibrean with +30% ATK/HP Boost.

Don’t have another chaos rune to do another test >.<

Number of taps can be misleading.
A drag who deals 100 dmg per shot and a dragon who deals 199 dmg per shot will both take 2 shots to kill a tower with 200 hp.
Best to look at damage per shot.

the hp damage from the bar was large enough for it to become 6 hits.

the damage was most likely around 17~18% and then increased to more than 20% hp damage.

So more like 1000 HP, I was dealing around 170 damage and then when I upgraded it, it did 200+ damage

Turn on floating dmg numbers in settings, then theres no need to guess :+1:t2: