Chests and when to open

Guys I want to know something
I have been saving up bronze chests and want to know if the last event would be the time to open them
Please advise what you think

I don’t suggest opening during Feeding (which is the next event). I find that the presence of food packs and XP potions dilutes all the other more valuable items. I only open during PvPs and am saving my chests for next season. However, if you need sigils to finish something up, then go ahead and open them :man_shrugging: :t_rex:

2 Likes

Same. With gold chests I open them in different events depending on what I need most (timers and building mats, timers and egg tokens, or pvp resources). I never open them during feeding.

But the bronze chests are not very good for building mats or egg tokens anyway, so I only ever open them in pvp events.

Building mats? :thinking: :t_rex:

Elemental embers, fire/ice shards and pearls drop a lot more during fort from gold chests.

I mostly open bronzes during PvPs because IF and Energy packs only drop in PvPs and the rewards for grind are decent.
I am assuming that’s best way to maximise points.

2 Likes

Thank you yes I was thinking I needed to wait till next season
Not worth opening them up now

Thank you again

1 Like

Ah yes gotcha :+1: :t_rex:

As others said: open them during pvp.
Unless for example you need a bit of sigils or egg tokens to reach a goal :slight_smile:

Also, imo for chests (bronze as well as gold): pvp > breeding > feeding > fort
Gold chests are okay during breeding too, but still prefer to open during pvp

Welcome to the Forums!

Please use the search function (found in the upper right corner) before starting a new thread so you can see if your issue/idea has already been addressed/discussed.

I also recommend to read about the forum rules and roles to improve your experience with us.

Have fun reading! :slight_smile:

I think this was more of a specific question vs. a general when-to-open thread, but the thread you’ve linked is indeed useful to note. :t_rex:

In my case, I often opened bronzes a lot each event, since I don’t have enough heal pots.

1 Like

Hold out for the new season if you can. Open them during the initial 50% period.

2 Likes

It’s just short for materials
~Edit~ On topic: open bronze chests during PvP

I’m taking down drop rate %'s now to include on WDGeeks.info at a future date when it’s more complete. Will have a gold drop tab and a bronze drop tab and you can scan through and compare side by side the drops per event and which make the most sense to you

Snippet:

2 Likes

Nice. Maybe also add a few total average numbers, like hrs/chest, sigils/chest and tokens/chest. All the sub-percentages can be hard to compare exactly, but iirc gold chest in fort/breeding give about 23 hrs of timers per chest, while pvp events give around 20 hrs per chest. That, for me, is a much easier comparison.

I can possibly look at this if the figures are all different, but honestly i expect a lot of the figures to scale up and down since i think they will weight them the same relative to each other. But only time will tell what i do with this. Right now it’s a data pull in an organized fashion to compare line by line

Mostly I expect they will, but sometimes they omit a whole item, like no legendary egg token drops in fort. With total numbers it’s much easier to see how many tokens you’re giving up for a shot at, say, black pearls.

But I totally agree, gather data first, then see. And I’ll very happily make use of just the data too.

1 Like

Yeah come to think of it a summary section at the top would be ideal.
important items per chest on average for:

• sigils
  • Tokens
  • timers
  • any others that really make a difference?

Those would be the prime ones I guess. Mystic fragments, black pearls, fire/ice shards would be the minor ones. I tend to just count mystic fragments as 200 or 250 tokens, to simplify the comparison, but that might be a bit misleading to do on a public system.