COVID-19 and Atlas

Given the severe nature of COVID-19 on both people’s health and livelihood it would be nice if we had to worry a little less about Atlas and did not have to pay so much attention to it (at this time). I shared this question my alliance and they really liked the idea. Of course some variation is probably better since I’m just spitballing.

• Double shield times and cut cool down times in half
  • Leave things as they are

0 voters

2 Likes

Sorry, I don’t follow. What does one have to do with the other? :thinking:

Personally my business is getting hammered so hard I can barely do runs. For a lot of people on my team they’re more worried about prepping and making sure they keep healthy and their jobs. Lessening the atlas load would help us a lot

Tweak them all permanently because in fact nobody likes a 6+ hour defense or even an attack. Nothing to do with current world events.

(Note longer bubbles are not actually better when it’s your crummy gates that are bubbled, only when it’s your enemy’s crummy gates. Also note the season is ending and there’s still no word about next season.)

Joking aside i suspect more people have more free time than less, as more of the West goes into stricter containment measures. But i can totally appreciate that some people are getting utterly slammed or are less available. You have my best wishes that things get better soon.

7 Likes

Er, how is this different than if your business was getting hammered any other time? How much prep needs to be done once they’ve done their panic shopping? How much more time does staying healthy and making sure they keep their jobs take now than at any other time?

Atlas bubbles and cool downs prob should be adjusted anyway, but not because of anything to do with Covid-19. Just cause they suck.

2 Likes

This opinion might not be popular, but I don’t see why PG should modify anything right off the cuff. Sure, some folks may be busy or even sick and that is a factor, but given that a LOT of folks are being told to shelter in place, gaming can be a refuge from the crazy business of the real world and maybe even fight some cabin fever that will crop up on week 2, 4, 8?

6 Likes

If you want my P&L I’ll give you that too…

And this is another unpopular opinion: the problem is not solely about how PG had implement Atlas, a big chunk of the reason of Atlas being too toxic is because of too much politicizing. Politics is good if done moderate. This only shows the true nature of humans. If we could lay low and play easy. Compete and be the best. But yeah, who am I kidding. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Why target your question specifically to Atlas? What about the next PVP event? What about any other attacks? Why bring shields down at all? Why be able to declare wars?

Hmm maybe that’s what that mysterious game mail was about last night…

1 Like

On the flip side, a lot of people can’t go to their jobs or hobbies, especially in Europe, and have a lot of extra time to burn, so having less to do in the game as well would kinda suck for them.

8 Likes

Download more games

As a business-owner with 300 staff, I completely understand. Over the last number of days I’ve only been able to jump on for minutes at a time to get in to do egg missions and train troops, as I’ve been in constant meetings, which fundamentally revolve around how we’re going to keep our staff safe while at the same time keeping the lights on. It is extremely stressful.

At the same time, I recognize that we are the minority…that once people have gathered what they need to get them over the hump, they will likely have more time on their hands, so I see no reason to reduce Atlas fun.

1 Like

Haven’t heard Atlas called fun in a long time. Seems like a second, unpayed job

1 Like

Imho, attacking castles is the fun part of Atlas and you suggested to reduce it. I sincerely hope things get better for you in RL. However, video games might be the only hobby that is not banned now in several countries which have implemented very strict rules. People are locked down at home and can only get out for food. If you take the fun part of it away, expect them to find other games to spend time

7 Likes

You must not have partied with us then.

I’m sorry that you are going through a rough time in real life. I’m sorry that you want to take away from a game (especially one of the most active and involved aspects of the game) as a result of it. Let people have fun. Talk about making the game stagnant. That’s what this proposal would do, and at one of the worst possible times for the game to be perceived as stagnant.

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Please stay on topic, this thread is about the OP wanting atlas changes because covid-19 has made him really busy at work.

4 Likes

Yup. We’re currently on lockdown thank god for this game!

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

OK excluding my vote (which I only placed in order to see the results), it still seems too close to do something this drastic. Please note two things: 1) my mind is open here and I’m watching this thread to see if there’s a milder thing that we can put in place that will benefit folks during these troubled times; 2) anything that ends up requiring a new release of the client is basically off the table. I’ll be checking this thread daily. (A 63%/37% is a clear majority - I’m just saying this is a big change!)

1 Like