Crystal Caves - Official Discussion Thread

Dragon Lords, let’s get ready to do some very shiny spelunking! Crystal Caves is going live soon - what do you think?

• More like Crystal Faves (Positive)
  • More like Zzzzz (Neutral)
  • More like Crystal Nays (Negative)

0 voters

How often will the energy cost reset?

1 Like

Every round just like FP

4 Likes

That’s what I’d like to assume, but one never knows what PG will throw at us, so asking anyway

Still not a fan of restricting dragons that can be used against live bases. Doing it on PvE bases is fine but for higher tier players they may have 1 useable dragon of that element or class, if any at all (just wait for the sorcerer crystals) and it really does encourage hitting down. I’d much rather have seen using only dragons of that element providing bonus points on that crystal

The event definitely looks like the partner for Temple Raid in rewarding sandbagging so I really hope something is done to punish/deter teams that do that.

@PGGalileo
How will round pairings work? Will it be based on event rank or will it be random? With 17 rounds we obviously wont face every team in our league so will we ever face the same team more than once or is it a new team every round? What happens to the 25th team since this is a 1 team vs 1 team event?

Of course, but they did provide an answer for that question in the post

10 Likes

Oh, I must’ve missed that one. Thank you!

This is one of the main concerns I have with this event. Not really excited to play an event where you are rewarded for hitting lower level players.

2 Likes

What is the 8/8 team achievement set at?

6 Likes

We’ll find that out in just over an hour along with what the personal point prizes look like

1 Like

There was a PvE match up for the 25th team during beta, I assume they’re keeping that

Well damn, I want to hit the PvE team then. If pairings are base on league rank then seems like holding back until the large crystals start appearing later on to get them during an easy opponent could be useful

2 Likes

This was also my concern when i first read the changes.
But there are bound to be creases that will need ironing out. For the first new pvp in a long time though, i think they have done a pretty good job (On paper).

1 Like

I’m not the only one who wants to know. This is an open discussion. We all have our teams to think about and the amount of effort. While we hope things run flawless, we aren’t going into this with blind optimism. I guess we will see in an hour… Hopefully I don’t have to grind my rump off to get to where I need to be on that 8/8.

2 Likes

Will officers be able to target a specific crystal? And will we have all dragons available when we attack or do we have to add them to the roster?

2 Likes

In beta we had all dragons available.

As long as it is a pve and not a missing round like what happened to us in TR at the last round so cost us fist place and promotion.

1 Like

I didn’t. I had to add the to the roster outside of event. It was tedious

1 Like

Ahh yes, we forgot to mention this. Crystal targeting by officers has been added.

19 Likes

It is and yes everyone wants to know. I wasnt saying “why are you asking that”, I was just saying we’ll soon know the answer to that without needing Gal to take the time to look into it.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes